Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fair point. They were also 12-4, won the division and Smith managed the game for them. It would have been safe to keep him as the starter.

The fact they were 12-4 and division winners with that production from their QB points to a strong team  carrying an average QB to success. The Raiders with Carr haven't had that. I think the team is good this year so we should expect results (if we disregard losing the HC 5 games in).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The fact they were 12-4 and division winners with that production from their QB points to a strong team  carrying an average QB to success. The Raiders with Carr haven't had that. I think the team is good this year so we should expect results (if we disregard losing the HC 5 games in).

I'm sure it's been discussed at length (but I just started coming back to this sub) but losing Gruden might not have been a bad thing for this team minus the adjustments that need to be made whether large or small. I feel our bye week is optimal for what happened as we looked great last week and have one more matchup before we can really focus on ironing out those details.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Alex Smith was also taking KC to the playoffs but he had limitations to his game that couldnt get them to the top of the league.

Carr hasn't played in the playoffs before, cant count the 12-3 year because he got unfortnately injured

Did he really “take them to the playoffs” lol or did he not mess stuff up? 

14 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Also, I’d say most on this site do like Carr or understand his value. 
When I say hater I’m typically speaking a bout people at Bars / stadium. 
he was bood out of Oakland last game, is pretty well known a lot of raiders fans hate him. 

Nah there are some straight up haters on here too. Not as much anymore but they’re lurking anytime something bad happens. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What is your criteria for a good QB? Is it throwing, running or just winning games?

Overall passing, leading, putting your team in position to win. I don’t think style matters, end of the day it’s who you’d take to lead your team. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Overall passing, leading, putting your team in position to win. I don’t think style matters, end of the day it’s who you’d take to lead your team. 

A QB in my opinion must be able to throw from the pocket call his own plays and control the offense. 

Coming into the season, Carr was in the top quarter of the Tannehill, Cousins, Stafford, Prescott, Murray, Ryan, Mayfield, Garoppolo, tier (the good to very good franchise QB tier). I think Prescott and Murray have ascended from that group into the "great tier" that includes Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, and Herbert. I think Burrow has joined the good to very good tier while Mayfield and Garoppolo are dropping out. Carr is playing as good as the guys in the great tier, but he's a little limited athletically so I think he still belongs in the tier below. The offense opening up can change that, however. This is how I have it:

1) Mahomes

2) Rodgers

3) Allen

4) Herbert

5) Prescott

7) Brady

8) Murray

9) Jackson

10) Wilson

11) Carr

12) Cousins

13) Tannehill

14) Ryan

16) Burrow

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:19 AM, Geezy said:

Nah there are some straight up haters on here too. Not as much anymore but they’re lurking anytime something bad happens. 

I have been a Carr critic primarily because he has regressed down the stretch when the team was in the playoff hunt over the last two years. Absolutely love how he is playing right now but he has to sustain it all year.

• Like 2