Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

On 10/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, Devilshark69 said:

Extremely amusing that one of the oldest posters on here is being called ā€œkidā€ ......donā€™t care about the discussion, at all. Allen doesnā€™t play for the raiders, simple.Ā 

Extremely amusing that people are arguing Allen doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL because he has never thrown a pass 80 yards in a game. How often are NFL teams launching 80+ yard passes down the field?

Allen has made the longest throw of the two in an NFL gameā€”in 2018, he uncorked a pass to Zay Jones that traveled 63.9 air yards. Mahomesā€™s in-game career high is 60.9.

Ā 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Heā€™s cluelessĀ 

Allen has made the longest throw of the two in an NFL gameā€”in 2018, he uncorked a pass to Zay Jones that traveled 63.9 air yards. Mahomesā€™s in-game career high is 60.9.

Mahomes has never thrown an 80 yard pass in game, he doesn't have a strong arm

On 10/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, BayRaider said:

Good to see JT becoming more main stream, 133k subscribers. Been subbed to him since 1k. Not the greatest at analyzing project college QBā€™s but NFL QBā€™s he is pretty good.Ā 

Yep, thanks for posting that up, really good to hear a former QB who really knows his stuff break down the routes and throws.

What struck me was how Carr's movement in the pocket looks so much more assured and really noticed Simpson getting blown up by Hargrave a few times. James was pretty solid though to be fair.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:35 AM, NYRaider said:

How dense are you? @big_palookaĀ said there's always elite prospects at QB and compared Matt Corral's arm strength to Josh Allen's which is the only reason it was ever discussed. I try to be a decent contributor but it's hard.

I was saying I donā€™t care about the discussion....and you come back at me with ā€œ how dense am I?ā€ This is exactly the sh*t Iā€™m talking about. I only found it funny that you were calling someone over 50 kid....thatā€™s it! I get it, josh Allen is a good qb. Keep your name calling away from me!! Thanks for playin!!!

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, thanks for posting that up, really good to hear a former QB who really knows his stuff break down the routes and throws.

What struck me was how Carr's movement in the pocket looks so much more assured and really noticed Simpson getting blown up by Hargrave a few times. James was pretty solid though to be fair.

The line has certainly been improving as the season has gone on. If Cable can work his magic and make this even a "decent" group by the end of the season, he deserves coach of the year..... no, coach of the decade.

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The line has certainly been improving as the season has gone on. If Cable can work his magic and make this even a "decent" group by the end of the season, he deserves coach of the year..... no, coach of the decade.

Does he really though? These are all guys he brought in, lol.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

The thing that has stood out the most to me about Carr this year is that he seems to be in total control of the offense. He has made very few mistakes and seems to know where he wants to go with the ball almost every play pre-snap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The thing that has stood out the most to me about Carr this year is that he seems to be in total control of the offense. He has made very few mistakes and seems to know where he wants to go with the ball almost every play pre-snap.

Yes, he looks very comfortable and it looks like he'll have a little more autonomy with Olsen calling the plays.Ā Ā