Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I appreciate the message Carr is delivering in these tough times. I'm not a religious man and hearing him bring it up all the time got old real fast for me but i like what he has to say and how he says it this year.

Absolutely.
If everybody in the world would act like that, the earth would be a better place.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I appreciate the message Carr is delivering in these tough times. I'm not a religious man and hearing him bring it up all the time got old real fast for me but i like what he has to say and how he says it this year.

Yup. 

I love this new Derek “nobody cares” Carr. cause it’s true at the end of the day nobody cares it’s all about wins and losses for better or worse 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup. 

I love this new Derek “nobody cares” Carr. cause it’s true at the end of the day nobody cares it’s all about wins and losses for better or worse 

I haven't heard what he said after the Ruggs incident, but I think after Gruden resigning he was a galvanizing force. And I don't think the message was "nobody cares" but rather "we have a job to do." In a lot of ways, it seems like players weren't really that upset to sew Gruden leave. I do think the Ruggs incident will be tougher to deal with.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I haven't heard what he said after the Ruggs incident, but I think after Gruden resigning he was a galvanizing force. And I don't think the message was "nobody cares" but rather "we have a job to do." In a lot of ways, it seems like players weren't really that upset to sew Gruden leave. I do think the Ruggs incident will be tougher to deal with.

I understand that and in reality when it comes to football once the game starts nothing else matters. I like it he’s locked in no matter what. Gotta have tough skin and he’s showing it I’m actually proud of how he’s handling himself and these situations he’s been presented with the last 30 days

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Might be in the minority here, but it never bothered me much. He's never come across as outwardly judgmental or hypocritical to me. 

I'm not religious at all myself, but he always struck me as the "love thy neighbor" type, and actually seems genuine about it. 

Whether it's religion, moral compass, or something else driving it, the world could use some more Derek Carrs

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 6

DC is showing such great leadership during these times. I wish this world had more people with the same perspective as DC. I think he might be my favorite Raider of all time. I meet him a few times back in the day, and he is a genuine person. He could have went to alot of other schools but chose Fresno State. He didn't care about the flashing lights, pro facilities  or maybe a better chance of getting paid. He wanted to carry on his family legacy, and now he has built an amazing culture for our Raiders

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Might be in the minority here, but it never bothered me much. He's never come across as outwardly judgmental or hypocritical to me. 

I'm not religious at all myself, but he always struck me as the "love thy neighbor" type, and actually seems genuine about it. 

I personally just think some of the **** he says is very cliche and corny. I'm not going to speak for Oakdb but that's just me.  I do agree w/ what Oak said though about the current situations. Carr really just is a good dude. There's not many other ways to put it pertaining to a personal level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I personally just think some of the **** he says is very cliche and corny. I'm not going to speak for Oakdb but that's just me.  I do agree w/ what Oak said though about the current situations. Carr really just is a good dude. There's not many other ways to put it pertaining to a personal level.

No, I feel you. I just overlook the corny nature of it most of the time. He means well and tries to act on it. That's good enough for me lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I agree.  He was never the preach at you type to me and I hate those types.  He acknowledges his faith and that's not a terrible thing.  You can tell he is genuine and I think he's finally learned to deal with critics in a positive way.

You don't have to defend yourself or take offense.  Just do you and try to win games.  He knows that if he can just put together a winning season that the narrative changes drastically.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Whether it's religion, moral compass, or something else driving it, the world could use some more Derek Carrs

Nailed it.

No matter what anyone thinks about Derek Carr the player, there should be zero denial that Derek Carr the man is a genuinely decent person.

• Like 2

Just now, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Alex Smith quickly comes to mind.

Carr has had 5 head coaches, just lost his head coach in the middle of the season with one of the biggest scandals in modern NFL history, and just lost his #1 WR to one of the biggest tragedies in NFL history. Not to mention we traded away Khalil Mack days before the season in 2018 then dealt with the AB fiasco and let him go days before the 2019 season. Plus the franchise relocated during his time with us and during his best season with the team he broke his leg during an MVP level season.

• Like 1