Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

43 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Carr looks like he found what was missing in his game heart, will, fearlessness could never put my finger on what to call it, that being said we've seen this movie before the last 2 years fast start, 2nd half collapse then blame only the defense when Carr was bad too. So before we go handing out roses let's get past midseason. Another note the deep ball to Ruggs was perfectly thrown I hope that means Carr has been working on his deep ball in the past he put way to much air under those passes if he has look out.

But he wasn’t bad to end last season. That’s a laughable narrative that people continue to push. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

But he wasn’t bad to end last season. That’s a laughable narrative that people continue to push. 

I don't feel like it even has anything to do with anything different happening on Offense or playcalling or Derek Carr or anything. It has everything to do with defense

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Carr looks like he found what was missing in his game heart, will, fearlessness could never put my finger on what to call it, that being said we've seen this movie before the last 2 years fast start, 2nd half collapse then blame only the defense when Carr was bad too. So before we go handing out roses let's get past midseason. Another note the deep ball to Ruggs was perfectly thrown I hope that means Carr has been working on his deep ball in the past he put way to much air under those passes if he has look out.

What he was missing was a supporting cast. You don’t just grow nuts over night. He has weapons and a defense now 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't feel like it even has anything to do with anything different happening on Offense or playcalling or Derek Carr or anything. It has everything to do with defense

If your defense can stop the other team that gives you more opportunities to score.

Not to make a bad comparison.....(but to make a bad comparison)....anyone who questioned Carr the last 2 years better be questioning Mahomes legitimacy, because he's going through some of the same team deficiencies Carr went through. They're 1-2. You can't win with a defense that allows 33 points a game and no run game. Just can't. It makes you do things you normally wouldn't do. (Don't get me wrong, the cheifs will turn it around soon). But Carr has been good, we just needed to build a decent team. I think we're getting there now.

• Like 2