Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

One of the things that has really stood out to me is the value of continuity. Carr is in year 4 with the same head coach/offensive coordinator and you can just see how much of an impact that has had on his play. Plus he's playing with guys that he trusts, Waller (4th year), Renfrow (3rd year), Moreau (3rd year), Jones (3rd year), Ruggs (2nd year), and Edwards (2nd year). The most impressive thing about the last couple of games for me has been Carr's trust in guys like Ruggs/Edwards in key moments, he has trusted them to show up and they've made plays.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One of the things that has really stood out to me is the value of continuity. Carr is in year 4 with the same head coach/offensive coordinator and you can just see how much of an impact that has had on his play. Plus he's playing with guys that he trusts, Waller (4th year), Renfrow (3rd year), Moreau (3rd year), Jones (3rd year), Ruggs (2nd year), and Edwards (2nd year). The most impressive thing about the last couple of games for me has been Carr's trust in guys like Ruggs/Edwards in key moments, he has trusted them to show up and they've made plays.

Hence why I wanted to keep everyone around. Continuity is the key.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Just wait what? Are you saying changing OC and/ or HC every year is bad for a QB? 

lol glad people starting to see Carr was never our problem.

• Like 2

Holy turdballs Batman!! I haven’t been on here all weekend and all of a sudden there’s a carr appreciation thread! What in the name of turn-arounds is goin on? Lmfao!! In all seriousness, glad to see it. Hell, even the pick yesterday wasn’t his fault completely. Glad he’s getting some love, but winning cures everything. Bring on the dolts! Time for a home game in LA. Lol!

• Like 3

Carr led the Raiders to a 3-0 record while throwing for a league-high 1,203 yards on 88 of 136 passing. He also had six touchdowns while compiling a 101.4 quarterback rating.

He downplayed the significance of the honor.

“It always means something nice, but after three weeks it’s just like, ‘Thanks, cool, thumbs up,’” he said. “I appreciate it, but it will be cooler for my kids someday than it is for me. … I hope me putting that stuff off isn’t a dis at any of it, but at this point it doesn’t mean much.”

💯

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr led the Raiders to a 3-0 record while throwing for a league-high 1,203 yards on 88 of 136 passing. He also had six touchdowns while compiling a 101.4 quarterback rating.

He downplayed the significance of the honor.

“It always means something nice, but after three weeks it’s just like, ‘Thanks, cool, thumbs up,’” he said. “I appreciate it, but it will be cooler for my kids someday than it is for me. … I hope me putting that stuff off isn’t a dis at any of it, but at this point it doesn’t mean much.”

💯

Winning qb play>>>> pretty #'s. 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Winning qb play>>>> pretty #'s. 

I thought it was cool that carr and I have the same response about this quick start. It’s cool and all but we’ve been here before so Let’s act like it. Carr keeping it 💯 gotta respect that

• Like 3

On 9/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, Devilshark69 said:

Holy turdballs Batman!! I haven’t been on here all weekend and all of a sudden there’s a carr appreciation thread! What in the name of turn-arounds is goin on? Lmfao!! In all seriousness, glad to see it. Hell, even the pick yesterday wasn’t his fault completely. Glad he’s getting some love, but winning cures everything. Bring on the dolts! Time for a home game in LA. Lol!

Absolutely unnecessary thread. There's already a Raider appreciated thread. I'm surprised it hasn't been locked.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:52 AM, BackinBlack said:

Just wait what? Are you saying changing OC and/ or HC every year is bad for a QB? 

lol glad people starting to see Carr was never our problem.

I would not say he was ever our problem but there where definitely years where he was not the solution.  Carr is not the same player he was in 2017-19 and there where a few games last year he was horrible.  Its nice that he is putting up yards this year but we need to figure out the redzone.  It is not all on him this year because our running game is garbage but he definitely regressed in 2017 and has been slowly improving since.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would not say he was ever our problem but there where definitely years where he was not the solution.  Carr is not the same player he was in 2017-19 and there where a few games last year he was horrible.  Its nice that he is putting up yards this year but we need to figure out the redzone.  It is not all on him this year because our running game is garbage but he definitely regressed in 2017 and has been slowly improving since.

How many QBs in the league would’ve been successful with those rosters? The two best rosters DCs has had he’s made some noise. 

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

There were games last year were TB was horrible, or Mahommes was off, Wilson has bad games. Watson has bad games. 
We need to stop expected QBs to perfect week in and week out. Players have bad games. 

Carr will have a bad game this season, hopefully this board doesnt start the get rid of him talk then. 
Our D needs to step up when Carr is off, and so far they have. Its been amazing. 

• Like 1