Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What bothers me is Gruden will talk up Carr. Sell the media/fans how much he trusts him and his grasping of the offense. Then take the ball out of his hands when it's time to finish games or they need a play. I think this what Gruden refers to as rubber lips. 

This. So much this. Hunter is almost unguardable within 5 to 10 yard, but on 3rd and 2 here comes the run up the middle. 2nd and 5 last week, run up the middle after carr had completed like 8 in a row. It's so frustrating. He treats carr like baker but then talks like he loves him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders will never be more than a 7-9 win club with Carr as QB. The flaws we had talked about surface every year. Carr supporters made excuses whether it was his weapons, coaching continuity, o-line, defense etc. At the end of the day, he is a good player but isn’t good enough to propel at team to the top in the NFL. 

Herbert is already a better QB in every way than Carr

No extension for Carr coming up. This is his last season with us

I wonder if we move him before trade deadline 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Since extending Carr and trading Mack , we’ve watch several Elite QBs come through the draft. Giving a long leash to a QB who hasn’t won like Carr overall might be setting this Franchise back

Hard to argue. You had all the resources to build this team around your pick of QB and you stuck with Carr. Part of me wonders if that is Mark's call. He loves Carr.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Hard to argue. You had all the resources to build this team around your pick of QB and you stuck with Carr. Part of me wonders if that is Mark's call. He loves Carr.

Carr has always said the right things to endear himself to the fan base which why I think some defend him soo fiercely and are willing to overlook his faults 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Carr has always said the right things to endear himself to the fan base which why I think some defend him soo fiercely and are willing to overlook his faults 

I think some defend him because that gap was so bad between Gannon and Carr the are content with average. 

Personally, I like how the Rams operate. They said screw this... we can't get to where we want to go with Goff and made a move to get better. Winners do that kind of thing. It may not work out, but they will keep punching. The Raiders seem content staying the middle. There is NOTHING worse that the middle and that's where they are with Carr.  

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I can't labor through a couple more years of Carr. That said, the 2022 QB class look awful, so what choice do they have I guess. After 8 years, I know what I am getting with Derek Carr and I'm bored with it. It's a recipe for .500 football.

After the Jay Schroeder, Jeff George, Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, Kerry Collins, JaMarcus Russell, Daunte Cullpepper, Josh McCown, Terrelle Pryor years that should be a walk in the park! 😁

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

After the Jay Schroeder, Jeff George, Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, Kerry Collins, JaMarcus Russell, Daunte Cullpepper, Josh McCown, Terrelle Pryor years that should be a walk in the park! 😁

Don't forget, NEVER FORGET, guys here actively wanted us to Tank for Tua. Guys gushed over Zach Wilson. They wanted us to trade Carr and however many firsts it would take to get Deshaun Watson, his legal peril be damned. 

They think HoF level QBs grow on trees and jump on any and every QB who has a hot streak (on much better rosters with superior coaching) as if an upgrade is 100% guaranteed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Don't forget, NEVER FORGET, guys here actively wanted us to Tank for Tua. Guys gushed over Zach Wilson. They wanted us to trade Carr and however many firsts it would take to get Deshaun Watson, his legal peril be damned. 

They think HoF level QBs grow on trees and jump on any and every QB who has a hot streak (on much better rosters with superior coaching) as if an upgrade is 100% guaranteed. 

lol people wanted Zach Wilson? Wow

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Derek Carr of course has faults.. 

he's also bad some of the worst luck for a qb in franchise. multiple hear coaches when younger, awful defense, this scandal.  but his time is prob up

Carr clearly hates himself. In no way would I have stuck it out as long as he has. This organization is a joke and he's tried to be a poster boy for it. I commend him for that. I can't believe his agent has tried to move him.

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

People on this forum also wanted Mahomes, Allen, Murray and Herbert..it goes both ways. The fact is that we had draft capital to grab a generational QB and decided to use it for average players