The Joe Woods Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still don’t love our scheme, but it’s hard to complain about the DC when we just allowed 10 points and had a pair of turnovers.

I know, we played a scrub QB, but still.

Ok, let's see what he does this week. The Dolphins gave him the formula, does he have the guts to do it? 

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still don’t love our scheme, but it’s hard to complain about the DC when we just allowed 10 points and had a pair of turnovers.

I know, we played a scrub QB, but still.

Yeah, tough to get a real read on Woods when his unit, like everything else about this team this season, has been maddeningly inconsistent. I haven't held my fire on Woods in the past, but I'm more worried about the offense at this point.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Yeah, tough to get a real read on Woods when his unit, like everything else about this team this season, has been maddeningly inconsistent. I haven't held my fire on Woods in the past, but I'm more worried about the offense at this point.

I think the issues with the defense are more easily corrected as a lot of the problem has been scheme related.

Baker isn’t getting healthy and we’re not improving our WR’s this season.

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

Was it an excellent defensive game or that we just faced Tim Boyles? 

Another reason if you get rid of Mayfield is that you can trade Chubb because by the time you develop your rookie draft pick Chubbs life will be used up .

As well as ward because that will mean he is 30 if your rookie develops in 3 years.

Reason for keeping Mayfield Berry does not see a rookie that can save his job.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Another reason if you get rid of Mayfield is that you can trade Chubb because by the time you develop your rookie draft pick Chubbs life will be used up .

As well as ward because that will mean he is 30 if your rookie develops in 3 years.

Reason for keeping Mayfield Berry does not see a rookie that can save his job.

I rather make play for Carr then draft a rookie. I think he would be great in this system and I don’t think the weather would hurt him. He looked good last year in that horrible weather game last year in Cleveland. He be cheaper than say Wilson

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I rather make play for Carr then draft a rookie. I think he would be great in this system and I don’t think the weather would hurt him. He looked good last year in that horrible weather game last year in Cleveland. He be cheaper than say Wilson

Excellent post especially if they decide to fire there head coach.

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

Carr is notorious for starting off well and then becoming very mediocre in the second half of the season.

It'd be a matter of a season or two until Browns fans are calling to get rid of him.

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Carr with tiny hands and a proven track record of mediocrity and struggling in the elements coming to Lake Erie in November through January is a meme. Hard pass.

Idk last year Carr looked pretty good in the weather. Doing what was needed to be done. He went into CLE NY and DEN after November and came out 3-0.

He was still a top10 QB by some adv stats. Football Outsiders this year and two previous seasons ranks him 7th, 7th, and 6th. 

just think he had a very mediocre team around him with an overrated coach and a clueless GM. I just think he be a great fit for Stefanski’s offense. He might not have the ceiling Baker has but I think he had a higher floor. We are not going to get a QB better than Baker ceiling wise but we could get a QB who can be a lot more consistent. Hell I think Carr could be better. He has been better the previous 3 years and could be even better in Stef’s offense. Carr doesn’t have the arm like baker but I think he is more mobile and a lot more accurate