The Joe Woods Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk last year Carr looked pretty good in the weather. Doing what was needed to be done. He went into CLE NY and DEN after November and came out 3-0.

He was still a top10 QB by some adv stats. Football Outsiders this year and two previous seasons ranks him 7th, 7th, and 6th. 

just think he had a very mediocre team around him with an overrated coach and a clueless GM. I just think he be a great fit for Stefanski’s offense. He might not have the ceiling Baker has but I think he had a higher floor. We are not going to get a QB better than Baker ceiling wise but we could get a QB who can be a lot more consistent. Hell I think Carr could be better. He has been better the previous 3 years and could be even better in Stef’s offense. Carr doesn’t have the arm like baker but I think he is more mobile and a lot more accurate 

For anyone interested, from 2018 to this year, Derek Carr and Matthew Stafford were right around the same QB statistically.

https://stathead.com/tiny/kVHpQ

If our FO decided to move on from Baker, I'd be interested in seeing what Carr would cost in a trade scenario.

13 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

For anyone interested, from 2018 to this year, Derek Carr and Matthew Stafford were right around the same QB statistically.

https://stathead.com/tiny/kVHpQ

If our FO decided to move on from Baker, I'd be interested in seeing what Carr would cost in a trade scenario.

He would just be a lot cheaper and prolly be a guy who would welcome wanting to be here. Rodgers and Wilson seem like guys who would OBJ-it and want to be moved as soon as possible

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And replace him with who? We would be better off waiting til the offseason for a move like that

Honestly literally anyone promising on our defensive staff. I'm over the garbage he's putting out and the fake narrative that our defense is playing well.

Part of me feels that Woods has focused on stopping the Ravens as a priority this season which could explain why most games are pretty soft and vanilla. If we play poorly on defense against the Ravens then I see no reason why we have struggled so much in certain situations most of the year and feel we pretty much have to move on.

38 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Part of me feels that Woods has focused on stopping the Ravens as a priority this season which could explain why most games are pretty soft and vanilla. If we play poorly on defense against the Ravens then I see no reason why we have struggled so much in certain situations most of the year and feel we pretty much have to move on.

I could see it with nfc teams but getting killed by AFC teams isn’t a good look. 

54 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I hope you’re right. 

Schematically I have JOK spy Lamar the entire game. Then I play man to man vs their WRs all game.

• Like 1