The Joe Woods Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, candyman93 said:

Let’s go 2000 Ravens / 2002 Buccaneers / 2015 Broncos

I don’t give a damn about helping Baker.

We allowed 16 points on 4 interceptions today and lost. 

Building the 85 Bears is hard to emulate man. We gotta give the QB a chance to score points and also see what we have there. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We allowed 16 points on 4 interceptions today and lost. 

Building the 85 Bears is hard to emulate man. We gotta give the QB a chance to score points and also see what we have there. 

Getting Baker “help” in the form of high draft picks is putting $50,000 rims on a clunker.

If you want to argue helping the next QB after Baker, that actually makes sense.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Getting Baker “help” in the form of high draft picks is putting $50,000 rims on a clunker.

It’s my car, and my money…. jerk.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If you want to argue helping the next QB after Baker, that actually makes sense.

Why can’t it be perhaps both?  It’s about fielding a complete and competing team.

If you want to bring back this same group of rag tag arseholes at WR and watch Baker sht the bed year 5 just so you can say “see, I was right”, then just say so and quit pretending you’re being unbiased about the situation.

We need better WR’s, hard stop.  The QB is irrelevant to that fact.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

What irritates me is that we really do need to focus on adding more pieces to this defense but tbh I’m not sure we can afford to invest high in the draft in defense over helping Baker. 

I don’t even think it’s about helping Baker, it’s just be helping who ever is the QB and would help our run game. Russell Wilson or Derek Carr or whoever isn’t turning this chicken 💩 in chicken salad right now

teams are daring Baker and our WRs to beat one on one coverage and right not our WRs can’t beat man coverage  consistently enough to keep timing on the pass play. Yeah OBJ could beat man coverage but he wasted so much team it through off the entire pass play when he was the target. Like I would love to see some “illegal” rub plays that frees up DPJ for a Big catch and run. Also feels like our entire passing offense is just yardage through the air and that’s it. Rarely do we ever see a short pass get turned into a huge play with YAC yards. Jarvis has one yesterday but they are so few and far between. 

Like it be great to see a slant turn into a 30 yard pick up. It is a draw back when we have 2-3 TEs on the field at once. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Even if Baker is a bust and you move on, this team's weapons are putrid on the outside. Getting great weapons does a few things:

1. It fixes far and away the biggest area(s) of weakness on the entire roster except for MAYBE the quarterback, and therefore:

A. Makes you automatically better

B. Allows you to make a final and definitive evaluation on Baker

C. If Baker isn't the guy, the next guy now has an elite running game, rock solid offensive line, and capable weapons on the outside, all to go with a great defense.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think you answered your own question here

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh, btw, we need to extend and sign Denzel IMMEDIATELY over the BYE week. He's earned it and has played at an elite level all year and plays an elite position as well.

Sign guys who play well, continue to build up that core roster everywhere.

Excellent post.

Who else are you going to sign

Just now, mtmmike said:

Excellent post.

Who else are you going to sign

I'd try to re-sign Njoku, see what type of contract I could get Clowney to sign for, restructure Jarvis, see what type of solid deal I could get Greedy Williams on, and I'd let Ronnie Harrison Jr. walk, let Walker walk, and cut Hooper post June 1.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd try to re-sign Njoku, see what type of contract I could get Clowney to sign for, restructure Jarvis, see what type of solid deal I could get Greedy Williams on, and I'd let Ronnie Harrison Jr. walk, let Walker walk, and cut Hooper post June 1.

When you say restructure Juice, what number do you have in your head?

I love his intensity and such, but he’s more or less a slot only possession guy.  I feel like some scrappy, feel good story, 5th year senior who’s undersized and slow but “just makes plays” can give us 90% of what juice does for 1/20th the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really don't necessarily have a number in mind, but I would more or less come up with a "prioritization" of signing/re-signing guys. For example, we need to lock up Ward NOW. From there, I'd start preliminary discussions with Clowney, Njoku, and perhaps Greedy Williams as well.

Based off of those conversations and/or contracts, it lets you know how much flexibility that you have/don't have and what weaknesses you will still need to address, whether in free agency or via the draft, and you need to prioritize accordingly.

Do we have our EDGE tandem? If Clowney re-signs, yes. If not, that's a HUGE need.

Do we have Ward locked up? If so, we have Ward, Newsome, and Hill in the slot, plus maybe Greedy. That's an elite secondary that can fit a variety of depth and situations tbh.

Did Njoku become willing to sign for a reasonable contract and do we think he's a viable starting TE going forward?

From there, you look at the next year to 3 year projections and see what would be reasonable to pay Jarvis based upon FUTURE contributions and comparable market value with someone else in that roll, and act accordingly.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love his intensity and such, but he’s more or less a slot only possession guy.  I feel like some scrappy, feel good story, 5th year senior who’s undersized and slow but “just makes plays” can give us 90% of what juice does for 1/20th the price.

I'm not opposed to that, but I'd leave Baker with his safety valve guy if you want to truly evaluate him going forward. If not, then he can hit the bricks and we pick up some generic slot guy, but we need a DUDE out wide opposite DPJ regardless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

What irritates me is that we really do need to focus on adding more pieces to this defense but tbh I’m not sure we can afford to invest high in the draft in defense over helping Baker. 

Excellent post

the easiest way to beat Baltimore is a better defense then draft height weight speed Wr

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What was your view on yesterday 100 yard game.