Coaching Staff Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

I think McCarthy did something this week that was low-key brilliant. I think they knew (they being McCarthy/Dak) that Dak sitting was very real. But they down played it all the way up until kickoff. 

The rest of the team thinking Dak might play would have (hopefully) kept their intensity and focus up through the bye week. As opposed to a "no Dak, its last year all over again" mentality. 

I could be wrong. I dont think I am. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It could happen.

I’m hopeful that we can keep both, though.

For Quinn, not many teams are tripping over themselves to hire a defensive guy for HC. 

For Kellen, teams will surely be interested. But Jerry can be pretty persuasive. Will McClay can surely attest, life is pretty good as Jerry’s golden boy.

Just ask Jason Garrett.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think McCarthy did something this week that was low-key brilliant. I think they knew (they being McCarthy/Dak) that Dak sitting was very real. But they down played it all the way up until kickoff. 

The rest of the team thinking Dak might play would have (hopefully) kept their intensity and focus up through the bye week. As opposed to a "no Dak, its last year all over again" mentality. 

This would be a brilliant move.

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The other part of this that I think was more a factor then our team was how it affected the Vikings.   AS Woods stated Vikings did zero PREP for what Rush would do compared to DAK> 

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

The other part of this that I think was more a factor then our team was how it affected the Vikings.   AS Woods stated Vikings did zero PREP for what Rush would do compared to DAK> 

There was nothing to prep for with Rush. I dont think that excuse means anything whatsoever. The guy has like 5 snaps of football. There was no tape on him. They prepped for the Cowboys offense and thats what they got.