Coaching Staff Thread

I love Kellen Moore, oddly have watched every one of his college football games as well.   Being a top football coach is more then being on the same page with a high level offense. Also I NEVER WAS A FAN OF RED BALL'S HEAD COACHING SKILLS.  We jumped up and down on McCarthy for last nights end game management. That was RED BALL's calling card for YEARS .    Personally I have no problem with Moore as the coach, but you never know what  you will get.  And we will need a high level DC.  But don't think this removes or solves one of the main issues that have followed the cowboys after Jimmy left.. too much JONES..

For the record I also though McCarthy made a huge mistake in his end of game management against TB as well. 

My vote... move on too Moore.   Unless you feel McCarthy is coach for the next 7-8 years we need to move on Moore rather then let him WALK>

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Say you do promote Moore. Who do you get as the OC?

Some are suggesting Nuss, and I get why. But what about Nagy? I'd love the two of them sitting together coming up with creative ideas. This would also give Moore two coordinators with HC experience. 

I’d be more concerned about the remainder of the coaching staff personally. Whoever takes the over at OC is likely running KM’s offense. At least that’s my assumption atm. But guys like Philbin and Whitt, who have a long standing relationship with MM may not think to kindly on him getting the shaft. Philbin in particular. 

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’d be more concerned about the remainder of the coaching staff personally. Whoever takes the over at OC is likely running KM’s offense. At least that’s my assumption atm. But guys like Philbin and Whitt, who have a long standing relationship with MM may not think to kindly on him getting the shaft. Philbin in particular. 

Whitt stays with Quinn, I feel. Philbin is a good question. Think Callahan can return?

On 9/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, WizardHawk said:

It would be a Sean McVay situation. OC would be an empty title. Kellen Moore still the de facto OC, with an experienced DC running the other side of the ball.

If I can keep Moore and Quinn, I’m totally fine having coaching turnover from MM loyalists.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2021 at 12:36 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It would be a Sean McVay situation. OC would be an empty title. Kellen Moore still the de facto OC, with an experienced DC running the other side of the ball.

If I can keep Moore and Quinn, I’m totally fine having coaching turnover from MM loyalists.

I’m not completely against this, but simply tempering my expectations. HC is a different animal and it’s impossible to know where KM would go with hires. 

Philbin leaving hurts imo, but Colombo is available and familiar with KM. Lateral talent hire probably.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m not completely against this, but simply tempering my expectations. HC is a different animal and it’s impossible to know where KM would go with hires. 

Philbin leaving hurts imo, but Colombo is available and familiar with KM. Lateral talent hire probably.

If that’s the opportunity cost of keeping Kellen, I’m fine with it. 

If we can run it back with the same coaching staff, awesome. I’m down. But in a world where I have to choose, I’ll place my chips on Dak and Kellen. No-brainer, IMO.

If the team went for it and turned the ball over and allowed Philly to score. The momentum would of completely flipped. Then all of you would of said why did he go for it. The team had a double digit lead. Blah blah blah. I swear you cant win with some of you. 

• Like 1