Coaching Staff Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

We can pretend that MM is not a goober but he absolutely is.  He is benefitting from KM’s offense and play calling.  It’s the one part of the team that he really had no control of when he took over as HC.  What he did have control over, he exercised horrible judgment and nepotism by hiring last year’s DC (like the Q, I refuse to even say the guys name).  As fans, we know Jerry is going to have to make a big decision this off-season… promote KM or keep MM as HC.  I’m team KM.  Just like in hindsight we should have kept Sean Peyton over BP.  KM should be a fixture in Dallas for at least a decade.

If Jerry can hand the reigns to Jason Garrett like he did, he can clearly castrate MM and give KM the reigns. KM has a far brighter future than JG ever did. 

25 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

If Jerry can hand the reigns to Jason Garrett like he did, he can clearly castrate MM and give KM the reigns. KM has a far brighter future than JG ever did. 

This seems like revisionist history. 

I'll remind the forum that most of you hated when KM was made the OC. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
49 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

And JG was considered the #1 HC hire in the NFL at the time. Did we all forget that the Ravens wanted him over John Harbaugh?

Its 100% revisionist history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its amazing that by record McCarthy was like the ~#2 HC in the NFL for a decade in wins with how little you all think of him. 

I didn't like the hire from the get go, though. He hired his buddy to be DC and refused to make an in-season change. 

The man has significant warts. Be happy he's an improvement. If we can run the entire coaching staff back, giddy up. But don't let a good thing now prevent you from making a long term decision. 

35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I didn’t like it. But, by 2019 my support of JG and Co was also significantly on the downhill side. So any hire from within wasn’t going to do much for me.

I suspect most thinking was in line with that and most would have preferred a clean slate.

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Matts. Buddy. We are just not gonna agree here. MM isn't beyond reproach. 

I dont think he is either, but do you not remember all the changes he enfoced? he made Nolan parse the playbook, switch to a base zone nickel that was easy to implement, brought him down from the booth so that he was more hands on and Geogre Edwards gained additional responsibility.

After those changes we led the NFL in turnovers and the defensive ranking s improved dramatically. From worst ever, to just an average bad defense. 

Implying he did nothing isnt factual. 

Edited by Matts4313

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The change is really nice. But MM can still absolutely be a goober. 

Yeah, I take more issue with saying he’s cowardly or gutless, than calling him a goober. We have been undeniably aggressive under him.

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

We can pretend that MM is not a goober but he absolutely is.  He is benefitting from KM’s offense and play calling.  It’s the one part of the team that he really had no control of when he took over as HC.  What he did have control over, he exercised horrible judgment and nepotism by hiring last year’s DC (like the Q, I refuse to even say the guys name).  As fans, we know Jerry is going to have to make a big decision this off-season… promote KM or keep MM as HC.  I’m team KM.  Just like in hindsight we should have kept Sean Peyton over BP.  KM should be a fixture in Dallas for at least a decade.

Pretty strongly agree with all of this.

I'll say at times MM isn't as aggressive as he could be. It's almost as if he over thinks things.

But I'm honestly realllllllyyyy splitting hairs here. He's quite clearly one of the most aggressive coaches and allows others to be aggressive. I think the players and staff have bought in. 

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If you recall, I was concerned that he wasn’t ready for it, not that he wouldn’t eventually be sensational at it. It’s obvious that his learning curve was a lot flatter than most others who are promoted to that position.