JDLefebvre

2017 Breakout Player

27 posts in this topic

JDLefebvre    21

Who is your prediction for a player to break out in 2017.  Maybe a rookie that makes a big splash and solidifies their future on this team or a veteran who really steps up their game and makes a much bigger impact....

GO!!!

Shazier. I think he is on the brink to a monster season. We know he can do it. It's just a matter of consistency and health.

JDLefebvre    21
24 minutes ago, stillersenat said:

Shazier. I think he is on the brink to a monster season. We know he can do it. It's just a matter of consistency and health.

Yeah... the health thing is a definite concern.  He plays a lot bigger then he is, just hope his body can take the pounding!!!   Hopefully our young LB;'s step up around him, and TJ ends up being a beast and we can get back to a dominant D.  

Burns. The progression he made last year was astronomical from beginning of the year to the end. He looked like a quality CB come the end of the year and I have a feeling he's going to become a premiere CB in the NFL by year's end.

1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Burns. The progression he made last year was astronomical from beginning of the year to the end. He looked like a quality CB come the end of the year and I have a feeling he's going to become a premiere CB in the NFL by year's end.

I'm really excited to see what he can do in his second season. He had a solid rookie year.

I like all this potential from our defense. We could potentially have a really solid defense. 

KJtheWicked    0

I'd say Dupree. I think he has superstar potential. Seemed like he started realizing some of that towards the end of last year.

CWood21    65
On 7/21/2017 at 8:52 PM, steelcurtain29 said:

Maybe I'm skeptical of him because I wasn't a big fan of coming out, but I'm hopeful he can take those tools and turn them into production.

Chieferific    3
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, steelcurtain29 said:

Agreed. It's not an exaggeration to say Burns looks to be the best CB to wear B&G since Woodson. Now, he's no Rod Woodson but he's on the right path to be 2nd best since (IMO).

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Agreed. It's not an exaggeration to say Burns looks to be the best CB to wear B&G since Woodson. Now, he's no Rod Woodson but he's on the right path to be 2nd best since (IMO).

It would take a lot to be better than Ike, IMO.

Chieferific    3
1 minute ago, stillersenat said:

It would take a lot to be better than Ike, IMO.

I wouldn't say A LOT. Burns played better as a Rookie than Ike did. While Ike was a solid CB in his heyday, I expect Burns to surpass him.

turtle28    20

I like the Dupree choice. I think he's poised for a double digit sack season.

Im hoping Bud Dupree and/or Arite Burns.

I wouldnt be shocked if Jesse James has somewhat out of a breakout year.