Changing the rules to QBs sliding?

Malik

10 hours ago, Danger said:

As an Eagles fan who had Mike Vick at QB for a few years, I'm used to the QB getting no protection at this point.

It's funny because in his ATL days he got crazy protection.  I remember a CAR-ATL game where he was doing a sideline deke, then the defender got an unnecessary roughness flag for hitting him IN BOUNDS.

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm 100% in favor of removing all protection from a QB except for blows to the head and when the ball is clearly out of his hands.

I hate when quarterbacks run to the sideline and wait to the last second to throw it away.  They deserve a hit.  I'm a Packer fan and I believe Rodgers deserved that hit.  Wish he didn't get hurt obviously, but he should have taken his loss and thrown the ball away or thrown to Bennett more quickly. 

The league needs to realize that this whole "player safety" and QB safety is hurting the league.  A QB should be able to give themselves up, but there should be more time for a defensive player to take a shot.  If a player moves in for the hit before the QB slides, it should be perfectly legal to hit him. 

You said QBs should have protection when the ball is clearly out of his hands.  Wasn't this the case against MN a couple of weeks ago?

If a QB is willing give himself up early and slide within reasonable distance between defender and QB then I understand but what Flacco did he shouldn't be offered that protection. Kiko did nothing wrong and for those saying he should slowed down are being naive AF. It's easy to say that in slow motion as opposed to real game time speed. I place blame on Flacco for that hit not Kiko

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

If a QB is willing give himself up early and slide within reasonable distance between defender and QB then I understand but what Flacco did he shouldn't be offered that protection. Kiko did nothing wrong and for those saying he should slowed down are being naive AF. It's easy to say that in slow motion as opposed to real game time speed. I place blame on Flacco for that hit not Kiko

Kiko made an illegal hit, 100% should get a suspension considering it's not the first he's injured a QB with an illegal hit. 

They are never going to change a rule that protects QB's unless, it is to make hitting them even more unlikely. If a franchise QB gets hurt, their team's season pretty well goes down the drain and the TV audience for any of their games also pretty well , is going to stink, which can seriously effect TV revenues in the future and the NFL is never going to bite the hand that feeds them. Even if a team has sold out all its season tickets, how many fans will actually show after their franchise QB gets hurt and the losses pile up, the loss in concessions alone can amount to millions of $$$'s for an owner, so every owner will insist that QB's be protected every possible way, even if it sometimes looks unfair.

Archived