Colts QB Carson Wentz sprains both ankles; Status uncertain for upcoming game

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's the same thought I had. Go down. Live to play another down. Don't risk injury trying to create magic on a blown play.

I swear Nick Foles winning the super bowl gave him a main character complex and ruined him. It is just my theory, but after 2018 is when you started getting rumblings of the team not liking him and his play went from calculated playmaking to full on hero ball 24/7. It's a shame cause you can still see his talent to this day, but I truly believe he is too far gone mentally to ever be anything other than a guy you will eventually want to replace.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

My guess is that the line won't be as good this year, but it's looking been a rough few weeks. No Castonzo. Quenton Nelson is fresh off of foot surgery and was matched up against Aaron Donald on Sunday. Stud RT Braden Smith was out with an injury. Eric Fisher was limited.

There were some snaps on Sunday where you had Texans and Dolphins reject Julie's Davenport playing LT, then a still-recovering Quenton Nelson playing against the most dominant force in football, then a healthy Ryan Kelly, then Glowinski who's okay at RG, and then back-up Matt Pryor. Doesn't make you feel confident against the reigning #1 defense in football.

In a couple weeks it should be better, but you're still gonna be looking at three starting OL coming off of injuries this season. It's very unlikely that the 2021 Colts OL will be as good as 2018-20.

Nelson did well against Donald. Donald was mostly whooping Glowinski and the Colts' tackles.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what’s the deal with the OL? i figured it’d be a strength just like the past few years, even without castonzo. has it just been a rough couple of games or do you think there’s a larger regression at play here?

Center Ryan Kelly was out all of TC with torn ligaments in elbow. Nelson out all TC with foot surgery. LT Fisher finally started his first game after achilles surgery. Finally RT Smith recently got a foot injury. It’s a combination of injuries and rust/ no chemistry. Finally add in a QB that holds onto the ball and it’s a mess so far.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Nelson did well against Donald. Donald was mostly whooping Glowinski and the Colts' tackles.

Nelson is arguably the league's best guard. He did admirably against Donald, and I agree - Donald did most of his damage elsewhere.

Donald still wrecked Nelson on first-and-goal and second-and-goal on the opening drive, stuffing Jonathan Taylor. Third drive, Donald and Joseph-Day both beat Nelson to hold Taylor. Donald beat Nelson for a pressure on the Colts' fourth drive. That was the only pass rep that I know of where Donald beat Nelson. Still, Donald beat Nelson in the run game pretty consistently when they were matched up, especially in the fourth quarter. Interior running plays were pretty consistently either stuffed or bounced outside. 

I wonder if Nelson wasn't generating as much push from his anchor, coming off of foot surgery. 

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Center Ryan Kelly was out all of TC with torn ligaments in elbow. Nelson out all TC with foot surgery. LT Fisher finally started his first game after achilles surgery. Finally RT Smith recently got a foot injury. It’s a combination of injuries and rust/ no chemistry. Finally add in a QB that holds onto the ball and it’s a mess so far.

Didn't know Ryan Kelly was hurt, too. Oof.

38 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

gotcha. sounds like you can at least expect improvement in the weeks to come then, which is bad news for the rest of the afc south. i'll never count the colts out of it until they're out of it. been a thorn in tennessee's side for wayyyy too long lol.

• Like 1