Texans QB Tyrod Taylor out "a while" with hamstring injury

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Houston is taking Matt Coral.

I'm actually thinking Corral is in the middle of a Joe Burrow/Kyler Murray like run to 1.1; The rest of the QB class has some major flaws, but Corral is looking more and more like a guy who nobody would question at the spot.

I'd say Corral, with Tyrod Taylor as the bridge QB and Davis Mills as the immediate backup to Taylor in 2022 isn't the worst possible outcome. I still think a non-QB is a smarter decision - punt the QB pick until 2023 (once you know what you have lined up follow any Deshaun Watson trade) and take BPA in every round in 2021.

But, I don't make these decisions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually thinking Corral is in the middle of a Joe Burrow/Kyler Murray like run to 1.1; The rest of the QB class has some major flaws, but Corral is looking more and more like a guy who nobody would question at the spot.

I'd say Corral, with Tyrod Taylor as the bridge QB and Davis Mills as the immediate backup to Taylor in 2022 isn't the worst possible outcome. I still think a non-QB is a smarter decision - punt the QB pick until 2023 (once you know what you have lined up follow any Deshaun Watson trade) and take BPA in every round in 2021.

Corral as a prospect reminds me a lot of Zach Wilson last year. 

One of my good friends is a Texans fan and we just had this conversation a few days ago. You don't go QB early unless you really believe that he's a franchise QB type of talent. Especially in Houston's situation where you'll likely get a ton of draft capital when/if you trade Watson. Go after the BPAs this year and try to build a talented team and then swing on a QB in 2023. The 49ers are likely going to move on from Jimmy G next off-season and he has ties to Nick Costerio from their days in New England. If Tyrod isn't brought back I could see you guys pursuing him in free agency. 

If you trade Watson and spend your draft capital wisely then you'd be in a prime position to invest into a QB early in the draft. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

and rob me of teasing you with these for years?

5nqkf5.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Corral as a prospect reminds me a lot of Zach Wilson last year. 

One of my good friends is a Texans fan and we just had this conversation a few days ago. You don't go QB early unless you really believe that he's a franchise QB type of talent. Especially in Houston's situation where you'll likely get a ton of draft capital when/if you trade Watson. Go after the BPAs this year and try to build a talented team and then swing on a QB in 2023. The 49ers are likely going to move on from Jimmy G next off-season and he has ties to Nick Costerio from their days in New England. If Tyrod isn't brought back I could see you guys pursuing him in free agency. 

If you trade Watson and spend your draft capital wisely then you'd be in a prime position to invest into a QB early in the draft. 

All things considered, I'd prefer going Derek Stingley Jr - I know nobody drafts a CB at 1.1, but I think Stingley is a difference maker and immediate impact player. 

Part of drafting a QB at 1.1 is selling tickets... and the Texans are in dire straights right now in that department.

Football decision would be to go Stingley or Thibodeaux; Business decision is Corral. Who knows how Cal/Jack/Nick will play this, tbh.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

All things considered, I'd prefer going Derek Stingley Jr - I know nobody drafts a CB at 1.1, but I think Stingley is a difference maker and immediate impact player. 

Part of drafting a QB at 1.1 is selling tickets... and the Texans are in dire straights right now in that department.

Football decision would be to go Stingley or Thibodeaux; Business decision is Corral. Who knows how Cal/Jack/Nick will play this, tbh.

Depending on how the Eagles situation plays out you might potentially have 3 1st round picks this year. Assuming Tyrod Taylor plays again this season I don't think you'll end up with the #1 pick. I think Kyle Hamilton, Kavyon Thibodeaux, or Derrick Stingley would be a great pick for you guys. Assuming that you guys are able to get some picks for Watson you can add a lot of young talent across the roster this off-season. I think the better strategy would be to bring back Tyrod or sign Jimmy and then target a QB in 2023. 

They say they are waiting for the swelling to go down. The untold story is Tyrod won’t let any doctors near him after the catastrophe of last year. Tyrod is a great guy to have on your team. If he plays he won’t be a superstar but you can expect average play when healthy. The true value is on the practice field, dude gives it his all every day and is a great teammate. Good film study habits and you could do a lot worse then having him in your roster. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leoric said:

They say they are waiting for the swelling to go down. The untold story is Tyrod won’t let any doctors near him after the catastrophe of last year. 

I wouldn't blame him, but I haven't heard this anywhere...