Revenge Game - Bucs (2-0) @ Rams (2-0)

ravishingone

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

When it comes to betting I’ve been on a heater (knock on wood) but I’m not touching this game outside of smashing the Over and parlaying it with an alternate passing yards for both QBs over 250 and at least 1 TD. Playing it safe. 

As for the game, the Bucs needs to get pressure on Stafford. I’d say the majority of rams fans looked at week 1 with the bears front 7 and were curious how the Oline would do. They played very well. Week 2 was the Colts front 7 with Buckner in the middle and most of us were nervous about the Oline again.. however they really held their own again. This week, yet again, a great front 7 with good depth. It’ll be a challenge but I think if LA’s Oline can play well AGAIN, it’ll be a rams victory and it’ll allow Rams fans to fully buy into this Oline. 

Aside from the Oline, I’m a little nervous about the defense. They’ve played better than the start of last season but it feels like they’re bending a bit more than usual. With the way the Bucs are playing offense right now, this could be a high scoring thriller. I’ll just have to hope the Rams D comes out with some energy and holds their own like last year. There’s no doubt either team can win this, but whoever protects their QB better will win. 

My homer prediction:

Bucs 27 Rams 34

Sheesh that could easily be flipped though. Just hope everyone’s comes out of this healthy and hope it’s the game of the year. A 2018 Chiefs vs Rams type game would be cool. As long as LA wins 😉 

Last thing, is AB likely out of this one? From what I read it seems likely he misses the game but I don’t know if it was BS.

Little doubt it will be a 1 score game well into the 4th qtr.  The change in the Bucs this season is the willingness to pass on 1st down more.  The first half of the game last season the Bucs were in an awful lot of 2nd and long after trying to run up the middle of the Rams D.  I expect the plan of attack to be much different this time even if AB misses the game.

For me, the team that wins has the better red zone efficiency for the game.  The Bucs D hasn t been beaten over the top for 20+ gains.  I expect both teams to move the ball, so whoever is better inside the 20 wins, IMO.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

JPP up there in age and his body is breaking down before our eyes. I’m fine with resting him for awhile and let the rook get his feet wet. Going need JPP to be at his best in the OFFs. Guy literally said his body felt like a rookie again but that did not hold up 2 weeks in

Just now, indifference said:

JPP up there in age and his body is breaking down before our eyes. I’m fine with resting him for awhile and let the rook get his feet wet. Going need JPP to be at his best in the OFFs. Guy literally said his body felt like a rookie again but that did not hold up 2 weeks in

he didn't look impressive either. If Tryon feasts, he might not give up being the starter.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

I think we are starting to see JPP evolve into the Dwight Freeney role later in his career.  Exclusive pass rushing situations to maximize what he has left in the tank.  I believe JPP playing 80+% of the snaps has ended.

• Like 1

I will be at the game Sunday with my dad. Great seats too, dropped 400+ because why not? Seen Brady before in person in Jerry’s world and I know he’ll be on a tear at SoFi stadium.

Passed on the opportunity to see Rams v Bucs when Winston was here because that ugly lost the week before against the G Men made me prioritize other things.

Fast forward to now and I have no regrets

• Like 4

I think this easily could be an NFCCG preview. Brady has struggled against the Rams defense the past two times he faced them and that’s with Donald not even getting a sack on him. Donald hasn’t sacked Brady in his career. I think that will change in this game. 

This game will be a close one that could come down to a FG. Of course I think this is a bigger game for Stafford bc of the “he can’t win big games” dark cloud hanging over him. I think it has a lot to do with Georgia and Detroit. Georgia still can’t win the big games in college and Detroit still can’t win the big games in the NFL regardless of who is the QB. So Stafford wants to prove that now he is with a great coach and a great organization that he can win the big games. I think Brady is looking forward to next weeks game in New England which will be emotional for him. Plus he want to stick it to Belichick really bad. Not saying Brady will take this game lightly but I think next weeks game will mean 1000x more than this game. 

Nevertheless this game will be a good one. I could see either team winning. Last season the Bucs really didn’t blitz a lot on MNF which is still odd considering no Whitworth and Goff struggles under pressure. I want to see if the Bucs will blitz a lot in this game considering Stafford won’t be afraid to sling it down field to Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, and don’t forget about DJax who could have his coming out party against this Bucs weak and injured secondary. I can’t wait to see this game. Good luck to your team and no matter what the result is, hopefully R3 of this matchup will be in the playoffs in the NFCCG for the right to represent the NFC in the Superbowl back in Sofi Stadium in LA.