Jump to content

Revenge Game - Bucs (2-0) @ Rams (2-0)


Recommended Posts

Rough game today

BUT

missing JPP, AB, SMB, and Dean did not help

Our pass rush was non existent all day a combo of getting the ball out quick and simply having all day to throw.

Weird not seeing Bowles not dial up blitzes. Cant be trying to play honest AND still get beat deep. Im looking at you Mike Edwards. I would rather lose coming out swinging and firing a blaze. Not a fan of the passive strategy but I get it bc those screens will get housed if you blitz too much. RD and third down defense just awful

Rams D generated more - plays than we did and that is the difference

Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely expected the offense to perform better. 2 or 3 first drives were 3 and outs I believe. I don't think I buy the whole loud crowd thing being an issue. And Lenny did really well actually as a receiver out of the backfield. I don't remember any drops. 

But I didn't have a good feeling all game, and when Dean went out it was game over. 

Good news is it's a pretty soft schedule until Buffalo. I think we can handle the Saints. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I definitely expected the offense to perform better. 2 or 3 first drives were 3 and outs I believe. I don't think I buy the whole loud crowd thing being an issue. And Lenny did really well actually as a receiver out of the backfield. I don't remember any drops. 

But I didn't have a good feeling all game, and when Dean went out it was game over. 

Good news is it's a pretty soft schedule until Buffalo. I think we can handle the Saints. 

 

Idk if a soft schedule is good news but I agree it’s “soft.” If anything this is a wake up call. Remember what it’s like to lose when you make mistakes. It’s all about momentum at the right time and a bit of luck with the injury bug. 
 

It’s week 3 but the biggest reason I’m upset we lost is a possible 1 seed tie breaker, but it’s a long season and we’re in week 3. Still Rams will be a contender for it by week 18.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Idk if a soft schedule is good news but I agree it’s “soft.” If anything this is a wake up call. Remember what it’s like to lose when you make mistakes. It’s all about momentum at the right time and a bit of luck with the injury bug. 
 

It’s week 3 but the biggest reason I’m upset we lost is a possible 1 seed tie breaker, but it’s a long season and we’re in week 3. Still Rams will be a contender for it by week 18.

No it's not "good news" really, I think I'm just thinking of these injuries piling up, and I'd be more nervous if we had to keep playing NFC west teams in the next few weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams 10-15 on 3rd down, there is the ball game.  They had a lot of 3rd n pretty long.  Bowles needs to figure out a way to get off the field. Stafford gave them some throws they need to pick off.

I m really done with Bowles DL rotation.  Suh and Vea play together and then are usually replaced by NACHO and McLendon.  He is sacrificing pass rush for stopping the run.  It needs to stop now.  One of these guys needs to dress, but not both.  They offer the same thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Especially coming off the game he had in week 2. Just some questionable decisions all around on the defensive side of ball by Bowles and his staff. 

No way NACHO should be getting 3rd most snaps om DL. I m not sure he has had a sack in his Bucs career.  Can it hurt that much to dress Davis and even give O Connor 10 snaps a game and reduce NACHO and/or McLendon s snaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Rams 10-15 on 3rd down, there is the ball game.  They had a lot of 3rd n pretty long.  Bowles needs to figure out a way to get off the field. Stafford gave them some throws they need to pick off.

I m really done with Bowles DL rotation.  Suh and Vea play together and then are usually replaced by NACHO and McLendon.  He is sacrificing pass rush for stopping the run.  It needs to stop now.  One of these guys needs to dress, but not both.  They offer the same thing. 

its like Bowles just doesnt have a brain for the first half of the season

very reminiscent of last year too

get it together my guy

i thought he did during the brilliant playoff run but i guess not

stick with what ******* works

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder if the Bucs were involved in the CJ Henderson trade talks?  Never know, but it looks like a 2nd and a position player would have been needed to trump the Cats compensation.

Lord knows we need him. He’s easily 2nd best CB on the team with SMB and Dean healthy

Link to post
Share on other sites

J Dean is not good. When facing good players he is lost and looks deer in the headlights. His technique is sloppy and he loses focus too easily. Hope his injury isnt too serious but getting a replacement that can make plays on the ball would help. Teams are hammering us on the perimeter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game everyone. This is almost like I predicted this game being like if LAs line held up. The game started off sloppy but it seemed once LA settled in it all changed. The whole injuries excuse going around every show is a bit disrespectful imo but that’s just me. LA is missing their top 2 RBs and had Holland leave the game with a pec injury. It happens.. ask the Niners who still almost beat GB with 10th string corners. Guys like Skip saying Gronk should have caught the ball and Dean dropped a pick but fails to mention Kupp also dropped the ball that was put on the money and THEN it was dropped by Dean. LA will never get the credit. Week 1 it was because Fields didn’t play, week 2 Wentz got hurt, and now AB and JPP were out. I 100% expect a rematch in the NFCCG and expect it to be a closer one.

Good luck the rest of the way.. hope y’all get and stay healthy (as well as Bruce.. can’t believe he got up like it was nothing after that hit to the legs). Brady is playing out of his mind IMO and it’s unbelievable to watch. If the Bucs can get that run game going it’ll help out so much. 
 

I hope you guys absolutely stomp NE next week lol 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, indifference said:

J Dean is not good. When facing good players he is lost and looks deer in the headlights. His technique is sloppy and he loses focus too easily. Hope his injury isnt too serious but getting a replacement that can make plays on the ball would help. Teams are hammering us on the perimeter.

I do think a lot of the young guys are getting a slap of reality these first couple of games.  Agreed on Dean.  Winfield has not been good.  Late on a tipped ball in the 4th that should have been a pick 6.  Bomb to Jackson that was a pop fly Winfield didn t track that could have been picked. Miller a pre snap penalty.    15 yd punt by Pinion. White picks Davis on a key 3rd down in the 3rd qtr for a big gain to Jackson.  Details of the game are really lacking.

Back to Bucs beating Bucs.  The Rams were the better simply because of their attention to detail. 

5 games before the bye.  The schedule isn t exactly daunting.  They stop beating themselves, they will get on a roll. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...