Foster headed to IR

turtle28

11 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I mean, if Compton is just going to be asked to be the Jack ILB and play between the hash marks, he'll be fine.

The problem is you and I both know that's not how it works. Even if Compton is only in there on 1st & 2nd downs and they bring is Spaight for 3rd down & long or bring in Swearinger to dime ILB and bring in Everret, Compton still can't run sideline to sideline. Foster isn't fast either but he is more athletic than Compton, he's a better blitzer and he's stronger at the point of attack.

I seriously hope it's Spaight over Compton and nickel D we move Swearinger to dime ILB and Everret comes in to play S with Nicholson.

14 minutes ago, Slateman said:

With Brown on the field, he doesn't need to cover sideline to sideline

True, but he still has to cover something and he struggles to. Foster got in the backfield at times to make plays, Compton never does. Compton also is not good at taking on guards at the point of attack which is something Foster at 250 Plus excelled at which allowed Brown to fly through gaps and go make plays. Compton gets engulfed by guards. 

"It's all good now," Foster said on Saturday. 

The situation bubbled up Friday afternoon when the Redskins announced Foster would move to the injured reserve due to a torn labrum. Foster had been playing through the injury since a Week 2 win in Los Angeles. 

Friday night and Saturday morning Foster tweeted a number of different times voicing anger and disappointment in the move to IR. After all, the linebacker had played through the injury the last three games and produced. Against Philadelphia last Monday night, Foster logged six tackles and half a sack. 

"It was one of those things where you get put on IR," Foster explained. "I was just Twitter ranting."

Foster explained that he should have talked to Allen before his Twitter rant, and that he apologized to the Redskins team president. Allen too offered an apology, per Foster, and explained that he should have sought out the player to explain the situation.

Playing with Tampa earlier in his career, Foster suffered a similar injury. He gutted through games playing hurt, and then the Bucs cut him. 

"I pretty much went through the same thing in Tampa. They let me go, they didn't sign me back after they had me play through a shoulder injury," Foster said. "That was my biggest fear. I didn't want that to happen now."

Allen told Foster "we don't see you as that type of guy."

Foster said that Allen explained, "We're not on that 'use you until you can't go no more. We just want you to get healthy. We want what's best for you.'"

After speaking with Allen and others in the Washington front office, Foster feels much better about his situation with the team.

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They have to do something about Bruce. This is getting out of hand now. 

There’s no “THEY” that decision lies in one man’s lap - Snyder - who frankly likes having a sacrificial lamb like Allen to put out there to speak to the media after he makes decisions.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There’s no “THEY” that decision lies in one man’s lap - Snyder - who frankly likes having a sacrificial lamb like Allen to put out there to speak to the media after he makes decisions.

BS. Snyder did not operate like this before Bruce got here. This is all Bruce and it's been his MO since before he was here. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

BS. Snyder did not operate like this before Bruce got here. This is all Bruce and it's been his MO since before he was here. 

You’re taking my point out of context. I’m saying it’s up to one man if Allen is here or not, and that’s Snyder. Snyder keeps Allen around because it allows him to be hands off. Allen is the new Vinny. He’s more competent than Vinny but still has serious flaws, especially with messaging. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You’re taking my point out of context. I’m saying it’s up to one man if Allen is here or not, and that’s Snyder. Snyder keeps Allen around because it allows him to be hands off. Allen is the new Vinny. He’s more competent than Vinny but still has serious flaws, especially with messaging. 

Snyder needs to get him out of here. It's going to get to a point where nobody wants to come here. 

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, Spaight is healthy. I am looking forward to seeing him play. It is true that he's younger, faster and more athletic than Foster. I'd be great if Spaight played like he did vs the raiders the rest of the year and then ILB isn't a must but more take one if its BPA in the draft.

I rather still focus on the DL and find more athletic safeties.

atm cornerback has seemingly been our strength on defense . 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Snyder needs to get him out of here. It's going to get to a point where nobody wants to come here. 

So we will build mostly through the draft, which is what we’ve mostly been doing since Allen was hired in 2010 and what everyone clamored for a decade that we wanted...

Now we don’t? :|

They’ve only paid a handful players big long term contracts to come here since he was hired:

Garcon

Bowen

Cofield

Djax

Hatcher

Culliver (but it was voided bc of his suspension)

Norman

Archived