Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

@HokieHigh

3 times as much as you predicted, with a td to boot. 
nice list of yards, how about this one:

1, 4, 0, 0, 19, 1, -1, 4, 2, 1, 3, 4, 8, 2, 9, 5, 2, 3, 2, 10, 2, 2, 12, 1, 1, -1, 0, 

that looks even worse, bunch of 0,1, and 2 yarders offset by a 19 yarder and a 12 yarder...thats Derrick Henry, the supposedly unstoppable force. 28 carries 113 yds 4.0 avg.
thats how averages work, i dont see a huge gain of like 20 for jones, mostly chunk gains that move the chains, thats consistent, thats what youre clamoring for.

can hill do that? he looks a player but he wont get meaningful snaps for a while and for a reason.

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 1

ST Coach Drayton with some post-game comments:

“Kickoff is like riding a motorcycle without a helmet; You make one mistake, it can be pretty bad for you.

Literally, we had a guy get a little too far to the right and another guy that didn't get far enough to his right. Next thing you know, they’re up on Mason. Good thing Mason – we talked two weeks ago about Mason making tackles – so we got him on the ground. They wound up scoring, which is not good. I promise you, we’re going to get it right.”

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

@HokieHigh

3 times as much as you predicted, with a td to boot. 
nice list of yards, how about this one:

1, 4, 0, 0, 19, 1, -1, 4, 2, 1, 3, 4, 8, 2, 9, 5, 2, 3, 2, 10, 2, 2, 12, 1, 1, -1, 0, 

that looks even worse, bunch of 0,1, and 2 yarders offset by a 19 yarder and a 12 yarder...thats Derrick Henry, the supposedly unstoppable force. 28 carries 113 yds 4.0 avg.
thats how averages work, i dont see a huge gain of like 20 for jones, mostly chunk gains that move the chains, thats consistent, thats what youre clamoring for.

can hill do that? he looks a player but he wont get meaningful snaps for a while and for a reason.

you seem to be confusing the arguments. the argument is not that henry is good value, the argument is don't pay RBs second contracts. 

I'm not confusing anything, what you're presenting is not an argument, you're passing it off as a fact. An argument can be wrong, you made your mind up and no amount of factual evidence will change it, can't even admit Jones had a good game. I have a feeling even if Jones has 2 straight +1000 yard seasons at a +5 ypc clip and produces in the playoffs you'll still keep going on about it.

38 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

I'm not confusing anything, what you're presenting is not an argument, you're passing it off as a fact. An argument can be wrong, you made your mind up and no amount of factual evidence will change it, can't even admit Jones had a good game. I have a feeling even if Jones has 2 straight +1000 yard seasons at a +5 ypc clip and produces in the playoffs you'll still keep going on about it.

i showed data about what we got for the price of 12 million a year. i then said we could have gotten that output from hill. (thats an argument, i guess we will find out when hill starts getting some touches).

however, your point that even the best runningbacks are not worth their money was one i didn't think of. this straw man actually made my point for me.

jones is a product of MLF's offense and as long as our defense sucks i will be complaining about him and rodgers alike

I think they're both worth their money, even the great ones can't run for 150 at 5yards a clip every game, that wasn't even remotely my point, you see a strawman I see trying to twist stats to prove an initial assumption.

Jones was producing consistently at +5ypc as soon as he stepped in to the league, low and large sample size his production has stayed almost the same he isn't a product of MLF.

14 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

i showed data about what we got for the price of 12 million a year. i then said we could have gotten that output from hill. (thats an argument, i guess we will find out when hill starts getting some touches

You showed a snippet of 1/17th of what we got for $12M a year.  (that isn't even cherry picking, that's just misleading) You're trying (poorly) to twist it to fit your agenda, whatever that may be.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, Dubz41 said:

You showed a snippet of 1/17th of what we got for $12M a year.  (that isn't even cherry picking, that's just misleading) You're trying (poorly) to twist it to fit your agenda, whatever that may be.

he chose the data from the recent game, i just reformatted it.