Week 3 GDT: Titans (1-1) vs Colts (0-2)

-Hope-

tennessee is riding high after silencing the 12s with a huge comeback win in seattle. next up: a reeling colts team with an injured quarterback. we get them at home with a chance to send them to 0-3. a near-perfect situation, which is why we should be sure that nothing will go according to plan and that this will be a dogfight. this team always has trouble with indy and they’re backed into a corner. question of the day in my mind will be: what happens in the trenches? can our banged up OL hold up against indy’s ferocious DL? will we be able to get pressure against their rock solid OL? that will go a long way in determining who wins

Betting line is -5.5, which is less than I'd like to see.

I'm hoping AJ Brown's struggles against the Seahawks were a fluke, because I don't like how banged up our OL is.  They played better than against AZ, so I'm hoping these are just lingering issues from the Covid list that get less and less serious as the season moves on.

Getting a healthy Lewan back would be a big boost, since that would free up Quessenberry or Sambrailo to plug in at guard if need be.

Autry coming off a good game and against his former team might be the hot hand to watch on our Defense.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Betting line is -5.5, which is less than I'd like to see.

I'm hoping AJ Brown's struggles against the Seahawks were a fluke, because I don't like how banged up our OL is.  They played better than against AZ, so I'm hoping these are just lingering issues from the Covid list that get less and less serious as the season moves on.

Getting a healthy Lewan back would be a big boost, since that would free up Quessenberry or Sambrailo to plug in at guard if need be.

Autry coming off a good game and against his former team might be the hot hand to watch on our Defense.

Yeah, wouldn’t surprise me if Autry had a monster game. He’s already talked about how pissed he was at them and that they were going to regret it. 
Need a big game from AJ. He needs to redeem himself. 

OL has to get their **** together. I know the OTs had a good game stat-wise, but it's really hard to say how much of that was because we game-planned for their deficiencies. Our iOL was uncharacteristically bad and that may have been a direct result of us having to steer so much attention to the OTs.

The run game finally got going, but I think a lot of that was just Derrick Henry being the exception to the rule when it comes to RBs rather than having great run-blocking. The run-blocking looked improved in the 4th quarter.

The TEs need to step up their blocking as well. Swaim looks like a practice squad player at best right now and Hudson has already been demoted back to the practice squad. We really need Pruitt and/or Swaim to step up as blockers.

OL might be as big of a weakness this year as TE. 

* Lewan may end up on IR for some time and who knows how he returns from his injury.

* Saffold has a 13 mil cap number in 2022 and 10.5 mil in savings through letting him go.

* Jones had a bad game giving up pressures and is a FA this off-season.

* Nate Davis has looked really bad through 2 weeks.

* And we have no idea who the long-term RT is.

Edited by TitanSS

13 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Ha e to be patient with Bud. The guy wasn’t even supposed to be playing yet. 

He's always had low pressures. That's why he's tweeting this. PFF tooting their own horn saying he's overrated and has inflated sack numbers because of his elite surrounding cast in PIT giving him clean up sacks.

Edited by TitanSS

Didn’t we all know Dupree wasn’t some great edge rusher? I hope no one was expecting him to be. I will say he’s damn good against the run and gives 100% every snap. He’s also not even close to the 100%. He isn’t bending anywhere as good as he used to. He did tear his ACL in December. I’m shocked he’s even playing.  They definitely need to limit his snaps but we won’t. We’ll keep giving Landry and Dupree 50+ snaps a game with Weaver and Ola getting the bare minimum. Our rotations at the LB(ILB and EDGE) are very confusing. I will say we’ve faced two of the most mobile QBs so far with somewhat mediocre OLs. It’ll be interesting to see how we do against better OLs with QBs who aren’t anywhere near as mobile. Get Dupree healthy and play Weaver and Ola more snaps. Roberson should be the inactive one.

• Like 1

One change I want to see is a lot less McDougald on the field. Per PFF, a majority of Byard's snap came at what they classified as strong safety, where as McDougald spent most of his at free safety. Cruik played a lot in the 2nd half and also was said to have played the majority at strong.

I'd move Byard back to FS and let Cruik handle SS, and hope they stay healthy/McDougald doesn't have to come back on the field. I know safety injuries have hit us hard ever since training camp and sometimes you just have to play who you've got, but the less McDougald on the field the better.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

One change I want to see is a lot less McDougald on the field. Per PFF, a majority of Byard's snap came at what they classified as strong safety, where as McDougald spent most of his at free safety. Cruik played a lot in the 2nd half and also was said to have played the majority at strong.

I'd move Byard back to FS and let Cruik handle SS, and hope they stay healthy/McDougald doesn't have to come back on the field. I know safety injuries have hit us hard ever since training camp and sometimes you just have to play who you've got, but the less McDougald on the field the better.

I have good news.

• Like 2