Week 3 GDT: Titans (1-1) vs Colts (0-2)

-Hope-

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I have good news.

legitimately glad they're gonna go with cruikshank moving forward, it was night and day between him and mcdougald. hopefully he can keep up a decent level until hooker's back, though. i'm getting flashbacks to breon borders having a couple of solid games last year and then getting absolutely annihilated by the browns lol

also, did molden get any burn at safety during TC/preseason? i don't remember that happening, but i'm not sure who else we even have at safety if cruikshank needs to come out.

Edited by -Hope-

23 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Oh, wow.

Uh, can I also say I'd like to see Sean McVay hired to replace Downing at OC and Vic Fangio hired to replace Bowen at DC?

Wouldn't happen to have a tweet with some good news for that too, would you?

I have a lot of respect for the fact that the first thing you do with the power to have whatever you want is to change the Titans coordinators.

I was thinking that we should consider moving Molden to safety...I think teams have caught on already that he can be exploited for his lack of long speed. He could also be useful in redone D since the area is more compact. 

Would like to see Farley get some playing time this week, CB is definitely a position that reps are vital...not sure if he is hurt or if MV is just not high on him. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

One change I want to see is a lot less McDougald on the field. Per PFF, a majority of Byard's snap came at what they classified as strong safety, where as McDougald spent most of his at free safety. Cruik played a lot in the 2nd half and also was said to have played the majority at strong.

I'd move Byard back to FS and let Cruik handle SS, and hope they stay healthy/McDougald doesn't have to come back on the field. I know safety injuries have hit us hard ever since training camp and sometimes you just have to play who you've got, but the less McDougald on the field the better.

This is honestly the biggest sticking point with Vrabel/Bowen's scheme.  With the right personnel, it's alright, but with the personnel we have, it squanders our talent.

Their scheme is a two high safety scheme where they essentially treat both safeties as neither true SS's or FS's and expect both to make plays against the run and the pass.  This is problematic because as good as Byard is, he isn't great at everything.  Making him play SS half the time squanders his excellent ability to play centerfield, watching for the throws so he can rack up INTs.  Pees' scheme allowed him to do that, and he led the league in INTs.

Now, it takes away from his chances to do that, so you're essentially playing one of your best players out of position half the time.  Oh yeah, and that position he's now playing in demands strong tackling, which is like his worst trait since he's a sub 200 lbs DB.

And that is one of the big reasons we're a mid-tier defense talentwise, but a bottom tier resultswise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

This is honestly the biggest sticking point with Vrabel/Bowen's scheme.  With the right personnel, it's alright, but with the personnel we have, it squanders our talent.

Their scheme is a two high safety scheme where they essentially treat both safeties as neither true SS's or FS's and expect both to make plays against the run and the pass.  This is problematic because as good as Byard is, he isn't great at everything.  Making him play SS half the time squanders his excellent ability to play centerfield, watching for the throws so he can rack up INTs.  Pees' scheme allowed him to do that, and he led the league in INTs.

Now, it takes away from his chances to do that, so you're essentially playing one of your best players out of position half the time.  Oh yeah, and that position he's now playing in demands strong tackling, which is like his worst trait since he's a sub 200 lbs DB.

And that is one of the big reasons we're a mid-tier defense talentwise, but a bottom tier resultswise.

We had LeBeau when he led the league in INTs, I think, and I will die on the hill that Byard is a much, much better strong safety that I know people give him credit for.

He's a solid coverage safety, he's reliable as a tackler, and his instincts serve him well coming downhill too. INTs are also fluke-y, boxing him in as a center-fielder only [i]is[/i] what will squander his ability to make plays.

The first play I remember of him is his rookie year, we were playing GB. They had a trips formation, tried to run a screen behind two blockers. He was in man at the LOS, as soon as the ball was snapped basically blew up his blocker, ran him into the screen receiver in the backfield and disrupted the pass. 

8 hours ago, quiller said:

I don't care who is QB for Indy after the last few seasons and struggling to get wins against INDY, I am never confident against them. 

Same

Eason definitely makes it easier for the Titans but who knows by how much 

Colts have been depleted before and we have still lost 

Titans need to just come in and play their game

D finally has some good mojo going 

It would be nice to see them start to get some turnovers