Week 3 GDT: Titans (1-1) vs Colts (0-2)

-Hope-

The Colts defense hasn't been near as good as it was supposed to be. They've played good offenses, but defense is also less predictable than offense from year to year. Defensive production will drop off one year for no reason much more than offense. Their playmakers on defense are also at lesser value positions, IDL and ILB.

On offense their strength was supposed to be their OL and they have struggled quite a bit. Wentz looks like average Carson Wentz and not MVP Wentz or worst QB in the league Wentz. Also he has a high and low ankle sprain. High ankle sprain is usually a 4-6 week injury depending on the severity. I've had multiple ankle sprains, but the one time I had a high ankle sprain I thought I broke my leg. lol. (I'm a baby apparently)

I think there's a chance they're not as good as they were supposed to be, which I don't think was that good for a lot of people not named Colin Cowherd. We may not be as good as we should be either, but we might be the only team over .500 in the division.

Edited by TitanSS

So going forward, I know we will continue to run into stacked boxes.  But I can't help but think we will do so because all Derrick needs to do is break one tackle and make a guy miss and it's TD.  Like in Seattle, that one time Adams is out of position it's to the house. 

It's very frustrating but also slightly understandable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So going forward, I know we will continue to run into stacked boxes.  But I can't help but think we will do so because all Derrick needs to do is break one tackle and make a guy miss and it's TD.  Like in Seattle, that one time Adams is out of position it's to the house. 

It's very frustrating but also slightly understandable. 

It also wears on the defense, which is why he almost always blows up in the fourth quarter. You need those two and three yard carries where defenders have to tackle a hard running 250 lb man a few times to beat them up.

• Like 1

I get that Derrick Henry is a monster and had a good game despite the stacked boxes and averaged 5.2 YPC, but Tannehill averaged 8.7 YPA even with AJ Brown's drops. That's with 40 attempts too so a large sample size.

Derrick Henry gets all the attention, because he is a beast and I get that, but Tannehill is a beast too and there really is no reason not to pass earlier and more often to open space for Henry rather than continuing to ram him into a wall with negative to low gaining plays until it finally starts to work. It will work later in the game even if we pass more earlier on. Defenses get tired from being on the field, not from tackling the running back. 

Pass the ball when their defensive alignment tells you they want to stop the run and run the ball when they adjust to stop the pass. It's hard to argue when you get results, but there's no reason we can't have results on first and second down in the first half too.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It also wears on the defense, which is why he almost always blows up in the fourth quarter. You need those two and three yard carries where defenders have to tackle a hard running 250 lb man a few times to beat them up.

I really just disagree with this. The guys tackling him in the middle of the DL are 310 lbs and Henry really isn't a punishing runner who lowers his shoulder and delivers a blow. He's more upright and has a lot of splash plays with strong legs that guys either slip off of or he pushes them off of. The defenders get tired from being on the field and running, not from tackling.

Edited by TitanSS

curious to see whether Henry’s involvement in the passing game continues. given downing’s history of throwing to RBs, it seems likely. though i was sort of surprised by how much we were motioning him out wide or into the slot late in the game last week. honestly have no idea what the purpose of that is, i can’t imagine we’re going to throw to him from there unless someone literally forgets to cover him lol.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

curious to see whether Henry’s involvement in the passing game continues. given downing’s history of throwing to RBs, it seems likely. though i was sort of surprised by how much we were motioning him out wide or into the slot late in the game last week. honestly have no idea what the purpose of that is, i can’t imagine we’re going to throw to him from there unless someone literally forgets to cover him lol.

I'm playing a spread offense with the Titans using the AZ air raid play book and I'm having a lot of success lmao. Totally translates right?

Derrick Henry drag routes and jet sweep from the slot are legit. Spread formations force small defenders that just bounce off DH it's pretty fun lol.