Week 3: Jaguars vs Cardinals - Early Bye Week

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I mean we had a guy streaking wide open deep, the line just collapsed. The throw never should've happened.

😭 So bad QB play? Say it ain't so! Can I put a little blame (or all the blame) on Bevell for calling the play with such a bad O-line?

Edited by Jags

2 minutes ago, Jags said:

Gus Johnson is asking why are they running a flea-flicker and calling out Bevell. Talib believes that it was a good playcall, but just blown up by Watt. Which opinion do you go with? Former All-Pro, or great announcer?

Good call.  Bad execution.  Great play by J.J. Watt too.  That's going to happen.  I don't have a huge problem with the call under the circumstances.  A Jags TD there would have been huge.

1 minute ago, Jags said:

Gus Johnson is asking why are they running a flea-flicker and calling out Bevell. Talib believes that it was a good playcall, but just blown up by Watt. Which opinion do you go with? Former All-Pro, or great announcer?

Seeing the replay, if they didn’t let Watt through and immediately into Trev’s face, that’s a TD to Chark. Instead, he didn’t have time to go through his progression and had to throw off his back foot.

He still doesn’t have a true concept of how quickly defenders can break on passes in the NFL.

Play call was fine. Execution was trash. 

• Like 1