Week 3 GDT: Carolina Panthers at Houston Texans

Texansfan713

David Mills era begin!

Panthers are riding hot on a 2 game WS with wins vs the Saints and Jets.  No exactly murders row but they are first in the league in PPG allowed on defense.  Thats a recipe for disaster for the Texans who will be starting a rookie QB starting his first game.   I'll be in attendance for this likely beatdown.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'll be in attendance for this likely beatdown.  

I was offered four tickets to this game... for free. 

I'm still not going. I've got to be up early Friday morning, and I don't want to spend a dime on McNair's product this season - that includes concessions such as beer or food. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was offered four tickets to this game... for free. 

I'm still not going. I've got to be up early Friday morning, and I don't want to spend a dime on McNair's product this season - that includes concessions such as beer or food. 

The ONLY reason I am going is because I had free Stub Hub credit for the canceled Baylor/Houston football game last season to use. Tickets are cheap for this game.  Plus i'm off Friday.  I doubt traffic will be bad as it usually be when attending a Texans game. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Losing Nico For a month sucks. I was hoping he’d be a surprise rookie. We haven’t had one of those in years. 

I’ll be coaching 7th grade and jr high football Thursday so I probably won’t watch the game until Saturday. 

Hopefully Anthony Miller finally plays.  It would suck to not play him after we traded for him.  Not like our WR's after Cooks is setting the world on fire.

I don't think this one will be particularly close - the Panthers defense is a crushing unit on several levels, Sam Darnold is demonstrating why he was the #3 pick a few years back, Christian McCaffrey is the best all around RB in football, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are the best WRs this Texans team will face to this point in the season... even a fully staffed Texans team would have big problems in this one. (Luckily, they can blame this one on several injuries on both sides of the ball).

Davis Mills has one of the most memorable "welcome to the NFL" games in recent memory, as Derrick Brown and Brian Burns completely evicerate him on every dropback. This team takes a beating, but does put up a valiant effort in a very lopsided loss - the Texans will never seem out of it, despite being out of it from jump street.

Panthers win, 38-6. (Joey Slye misses an XP vs his old team).

I just hope they let Mills sling it in this game. The Panthers are going to be stacking the box, just like the Browns, and daring the Texans to beat them throwing the ball. Texans are not going to keep this game close if they stubbornly stick to trying to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down with no success.

He’s a rookie, let him make mistakes and learn from them and if he doesn’t they at least will know what they have in him.

Justin Reid OUT with a knee sprain. Eric Murray to start.

Taylor and Reid have been the best players on their side of the  ball.

This game is going to be a disaster. If Culley and Co can get this particular roster pulling in the right direction and if they can remain competetive, I'll do a 180 on this coaching staff.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Justin Reid OUT with a knee sprain. Eric Murray to start.

Taylor and Reid have been the best players on their side of the  ball.

This game is going to be a disaster. If Culley and Co can get this particular roster pulling in the right direction and if they can remain competetive, I'll do a 180 on this coaching staff.

Grugier-Hill out as well.

If you guys own any Panthers WR's put em in the lineup!