Week 3 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

This is where I'm at. No Bakhtiari and no Z.Smith is a big blow for the Packers. With that said, Jenkins has filled in admirably at LT, but he also hasn't faced someone like Bosa yet. 

I like our chances a lot in this game, but it's not going to be easy shutting down Rodgers, Jones, and Adams. We're going to have to put up points and our passing game is going to have to be a lot better than what it was last week. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:24 AM, Forge said:

Shootout incoming, I think.

We have often struggled at home after east coast trips, and obviously in a vacuum I'm always picking Rodgers over Jimmy in a shootout. 

But we still remain a bad match up for the Packers. Defensive front should eat

I would tend to agree with you regarding the shootout, except GB is the absolute slowest team in the league in pace of play. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/warrensharp/viz/2017OFFSuccess3rdWB/Dashboard36 

Even when they are losing, they take 30s or more to snap the ball. They do have explosive plays though, so I guess that offsets things somewhat. We are currently 26th in pace of play and everyone knows how much we love our 10+ drives that chew up 8 minutes or more. 

Their defense is bad right now, so it probably will go over the vegas total, but both offenses have no issues taking the air out of the ball. 

Edited by N4L

49ers win 30 - 20. Not afraid of the Packers, and the defense should eat. Rodgers will have a rough night as he usually does when the 49ers are firing on on levels (even in the Harbs era). 

I'm actually glad to be facing Rodgers instead of what's to come (Murray, Wilson). 

BTW, I hope we do see more of Trey Lance in this game on some plays. Maybe it's history, but I feel like on certain runs he could smoke the Packers D. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

would tend to agree with you regarding the shootout, except GB is the absolute slowest team in the league in pace of play. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/warrensharp/viz/2017OFFSuccess3rdWB/Dashboard36 

pace of play is secondary to efficiency with the ball. If they have 7 possessions and score on 5 of them, they are a better bet than a team like the Jets who may have 10 possessions in a game but score on 3 of them. 

Also, I believe those numbers you're linking are from 2020, when they were the most efficient offense in the NFL in terms of points per drive and points per game. 

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Think I am going to take the niners, especially if Jenkins can't go. Not even sure it'll be a shootout then. I think could be a very tough night for Rodgers

As long as Kinlaw plays I'm confident as well. Hopefully Moseley plays. I was expecting this to be high scoring game but now not so much. Hopefully Brandon Aiyuk is involved in the game plan. I'm going Niners 24-17. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

16 hours ago, Forge said:

pace of play is secondary to efficiency with the ball

Agree and Rodgers always wants as much time as possible at the LOS to decipher the defense and cajole them into showing their hand. It also keeps the Packers defense on the sidelines longer. In addition to the pace of play in terms of TOP, there's another "pace of play" factor to consider here-
and that's how fast Rodgers gets rid of the ball on each play.

from Ben Fennell:

Aaron Rodgers via

Under 2.5 Seconds: 🔹  26/30   86.7%   - 4 TD,  0 INT, 0 Sacks
Over 2.5 Seconds:
🔹 11/25 44.0%  - 0 TD,  2 INT,  4 Sacks

When Rodgers plays within the structure of the offense, he's dynamite. When he tries to hold the ball and hit the big play, he's abysmal. Some of that is age- he doesn't move as fast anymore, so eluding the sacks is harder. Some of that is because he didn't do squat in offseason or TC in terms of "game speed" so he was half a second slow on everything vs the Saints. Looked better by 2nd half of Det. game

Rodgers won't have much choice on Sunday night, the 49ers front will eat him alive IF he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly. But if he does get into rhythm, he will have some success.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sounds like a bunch cry babies, really a non story. This is a business don't get your feelings hurt. Also this is very specific information. Especially where it says Kyle did no work on Zack Wilson. Makes me think he was probably off our draft board completely.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like a bunch cry babies, really a non story. This is a business don't get your feelings hurt. Also this is very specific information. Especially where it says Kyle did no work on Zack Wilson. Makes me think he was probably off our draft board completely.

Everyone assumes our top 3 was Lawrence, Wilson, Lance. Could have been Lawrence, Lance, Jones or some other combination of the 3. 

While all the smoke on Jones was overblown, i do think Shanny liked him a lot. 

Anyways, i'm hopeful we get some Lance, Sermon, Kittle, Aiyuk & Sherfield involved in the gameplan this weekend. Also hopeful that Mitchell is healthy. I love Deebo but we should be getting everyone else involved too

Edited by 49ersfan