Week 3 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

That had to have been the worst game of Mack's career, right? 

It was an abomination. The snap stuff has to be in his head and I don't think many of us expected him to be a good 1 on 1 pass blocker (more like he would be useful as a free guy picking up stunts and making sure the protection runs well), but the run blocking is a real problem. Same thing as last week, he just can't get to guys downfield any more. The Lions had a couple of slow linebackers that he was able get to in space, but the last two games he has been whiffing on key second level blocks over and over again. And as the center in this scheme, when you don't get to guys on outside runs, the running game goes nowhere. And when your QB is going to move the needle, you need the running game to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Does anyone else feel that sometimes Shanny just spins a wheel to see who gets reps? Sherfield got two snaps last night lol 

I think that the hamstring injury was a real nagging thing. Aiyuk got a lot of reps last week, too - Jimmy just didn't hook up with him enough. 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think I'm too mad at this to be honest. Jimmy could have let it go a few seconds but Juice just ended up scoring here. If you snap it at one and it's an incomplete, you are kind of rushing it at that point. Our offense was not actually smooth in that area all game. If Juice was down at the one or two, you could then call a TO with 18 or 19 seconds. That would have been the best case scenario. 

I think asking for him to go down at the one or something is a bit silly, but taking that down to 3 seconds probably should have been done. 3 timeouts from that spot on the field? You could easily squeeze 5+ plays into that time frame. The clock wasn't our enemy and it wasn't our friend either.

• Like 1

I still have the same request that I had originally regarding Lance...just put him in a few drives per game, regardless of situation. You can keep playing Jimmy, but Lance should be getting like 3 full drives + some specialty packages. I don't get why it has to be all or nothing either way. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think asking for him to go down at the one or something is a bit silly, but taking that down to 3 seconds probably should have been done. 3 timeouts from that spot on the field? You could easily squeeze 5+ plays into that time frame. The clock wasn't our enemy and it wasn't our friend either.

Oh, I don't think you ask a player to get down at the one or two yard line. Just that if he did then you could have had let it go a bit and get four downs from there with two timeouts.

The defense though has been allowing these types of last minute drives for years, even with Saleh and even when we were a dominant defense. So annoying lol.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

On a positive note, our RZ offense has been super efficient all season. Feels like we almost never settle for FG's anymore

4-4 last night and 2-2 the game prior.

Don't remember against Detroit but we kicked two FGs that game. One was a pretty long one where the offense did not get to the RZ. I don't remember the other off the top of my head. But yeah, RZ offense has been good.

Now the RZ defense needs to start picking it up. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still have the same request that I had originally regarding Lance...just put him in a few drives per game, regardless of situation. You can keep playing Jimmy, but Lance should be getting like 3 full drives + some specialty packages. I don't get why it has to be all or nothing either way. 

The eagles game made no sense. JG was struggling and the offense wasn't moving the ball, so that meant lance didn't see any snaps. 

Same as last night, the offense struggled, so it meant we couldn't find snaps for Lance again.

In reality it should be the opposite, if the offense is moving, no need to play the kid, but when it's struggling and JG is struggling, we need lance to come in and change things up 

Kyle is taking a ton of heat in the local media today, deservedly so. 

• Like 2