Week 3 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUJXJawFEUw/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is wild Deebo was lined up wrong side and Trent Sherfield recognized and adjusted his route to make it work. Pretty cool thing Deebo dropped. 

Heads up adjustment by Trent, too. I still can't believe the Cardinals just let him walk out the door. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, AA is at that point in his career where I don't think he really needs the practice reps to be effective on gameday. He knows the scheme and the calls. He pretty much sat out the entire preseason and hit the ground running vs Detroit. 

My guess is that they'll continue to 'manage' his injury, letting him rest during the week as he gets ready to see the field on Sundays. That's the move until Hurst is back. Then I can see them shutting him down for a few weeks to get him right.

Which is the way to go. I'm actually surprised Bosa and Ford are practicing as much as they are. They need to be managed as well, in particular Ford.

Going to be very important to hold Jones in check and wrap up when Rodgers goes with the quick game. If we have some missed tackles, it could be a long day. This is the game I fear Al-Shaair costs us with some of his whiffs, hope that is not the case. 

Shanny basically made it seem like Mitchell is a long shot to play this week. Come on down Trey Sermon! Since he will be the likely starter, expect more snaps from Lance. Expect the read option/zone read game to be in full effect and Sermon to make a living off those inside zone runs. Wouldn't be surprised if Cannon gets some outside pitches and zone runs as he seems explosive and that is not Sermon's game. 

Also, am I the only one that thinks Jacksonville is live this week against Arizona? Wishful thinking on my part??

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

10 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUJXJawFEUw/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is wild Deebo was lined up wrong side and Trent Sherfield recognized and adjusted his route to make it work. Pretty cool thing Deebo dropped. 

WOW. Sherfield is quite the discovery if this is correct. In his 2nd game in this O, he recognized Deebo's mistake and adjusted?! I would say Sherf is a keeper, if we didn't know that already. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which is the way to go. I'm actually surprised Bosa and Ford are practicing as much as they are. They need to be managed as well, in particular Ford.

Going to be very important to hold Jones in check and wrap up when Rodgers goes with the quick game. If we have some missed tackles, it could be a long day. This is the game I fear Al-Shaair costs us with some of his whiffs, hope that is not the case. 

Shanny basically made it seem like Mitchell is a long shot to play this week. Come on down Trey Sermon! Since he will be the likely starter, expect more snaps from Lance. Expect the read option/zone read game to be in full effect and Sermon to make a living off those inside zone runs. Wouldn't be surprised if Cannon gets some outside pitches and zone runs as he seems explosive and that is not Sermon's game. 

Also, am I the only one that thinks Jacksonville is live this week against Arizona? Wishful thinking on my part??

I hope you are right about both Sermon and the Jags.

Sermon may still be dealing with the concussion...that was ugly and looked dirty to me. 

My wife grew up in Neptune Beach, outside of Jax, so we've had a soft spot for the Jags since they began. 

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, you're not alone. I think there is a good chance that the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals all lose this weekend and the 49ers win. My confidence in JAX winning is lower than the Vikings and Bucs, but I'm still not 100% sold on Kingsbury and Murray and think JAX has a chance to win.

And to be clear, I'm higher on Murray than I am on Kingsbury, but I don't think Murray is the second coming of Jesus like many people seem to think. 

• Like 1

Love the John Riggins reference. As for Sherman, it seems like the next injury could be the open door for Sherman, but it could be too late if another team swoops in. Also, it seems pretty likely that Moseley plays.

So, reading between the lines:

Mitchell - Questionable, 30% chance to play

Sermon - Probable, 70% chance to play

Patrick - Active, 50% chance to play

Cannon - Active, 50% chance to play

Johnson - Unknown, 20% chance to play

It's going to be a patch-work backfield this week. I wouldn't be surprised if Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Juice, and Lance factor into the ground game a little more this weekend to get creative with the touches.   

Edited by NinerNation21

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wishful thinking to me. Not because I find Arizona to be a juggernaut, but Jax is really bad

I don't disagree, but I don't think Lawrence is as bad as he has shown. Sometimes it takes the rookie a few weeks before it fully clicks and they had a whole entire new regime with a college coach making his way to the pros. Eventually I believe the offense turns it around and I think this is the week. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't disagree, but I don't think Lawrence is as bad as he has shown. Sometimes it takes the rookie a few weeks before it fully clicks and they had a whole entire new regime with a college coach making his way to the pros. Eventually I believe the offense turns it around and I think this is the week. 

I would hope not. He's basically been the least accurate QB in the league independent of external forces. They probably need to alter the scheme a bit

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would hope not. He's basically been the least accurate QB in the league independent of external forces. They probably need to alter the scheme a bit

Yeah, and while he has some flaws and had some in Clemson, he will get it together soon enough. Too good of a talent not to do so.

The Cards defense has a good pass rush but have holes defensively and their secondary can be had. Lawrence gets on track and the Jags WRs when their individual battles.

The game will be like 31-27....To who? Not sure, but see it being very close. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agreed about the jags offense. It was showing signs of life against the broncos. Lawrence is starting to get comfortable. 

With that being said, their defense outside of 2-3 players is pretty bad and the Cardinals should drop 40+ points. I don't see the jags scoring nearly that much 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, NinerNation21 said:

We own the Packers

I'll take that one as a badge of honor - it suggests that we're worth owning
Nobody goes around crowing about "owning" the lions haha

Also - Elgton Jenkins is gonna be listed as "doubtful" for Sunday, so its likley both LT1 and LT2 are going to be out. That's less than ideal vs the 49ers front
But I would have enjoyed seeing Jenkins line up vs Bosa; he's been absolutely amazing at LG, C, LT and RT so far - just a really gifted OL.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Also - Elgton Jenkins is gonna be listed as "doubtful" for Sunday, so its likley both LT1 and LT2 are going to be out. That's less than ideal vs the 49ers front
But I would have enjoyed seeing Jenkins line up vs Bosa; he's been absolutely amazing at LG, C, LT and RT so far - just a really gifted OL.

It might be weirdly helpful for Green Bay to know absolutely that their OL will get owned on longer developing routes in this game. Provides a massive incentive to dink and dunk that ordinarily would not exist. And Aaron was quite simply a terrible matchup for our front in 2019. We sat back with 7 in coverage most of the time and stayed on top of deep balls while waiting for the front four to get home. QBs without serious athleticism tended to dither and get crushed. QBs with it could exploit the free escape lanes and do some damage. So we absolutely smacked Baker, Goff, and Rodgers and struggled more with Kyler and Wilson and Lamar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:
On 9/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, NinerNation21 said:

We own the Packers

Considering Brett Farve crushed my hopes and dreams as a kid to the tune of a 14-1 career record against the niners, I think its only fitting that it finally came full circle! 

Packers fans travel well. I expect a lot of them at the game this weekend. 

• Like 3