Week 3 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Going to be pretty disappointed if the 49ers don't dominate the Packers left side on their offensive line. Seems like a golden opportunity to wreck havoc on Rodgers. 

I just expect Rodgers to work the quick passing game. This is why tackling is going to be so important this game. The safeties will have to be on their game and can't allow anything over the top. 

This is a game where we HAVE to win the early downs unlike vs Philly and this way Ford can get over 20 rushes.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just expect Rodgers to work the quick passing game. This is why tackling is going to be so important this game. The safeties will have to be on their game and can't allow anything over the top. 

This is a game where we HAVE to win the early downs unlike vs Philly and this way Ford can get over 20 rushes.

If I’m the Packers on third and long, I’m taking a chance or two running a delay or screen at Ford, even if I do have Rodgers. The man can still rush the passer, but not without giving a lot back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JIllg said:

If I’m the Packers on third and long, I’m taking a chance or two running a delay or screen at Ford, even if I do have Rodgers. The man can still rush the passer, but not without giving a lot back.

Absolutely, but teams should be running those plays regardless of the down with how aggressive this DL is attacking the QB...It's similar to how the Philly DL plays and how Shanny had to go to the screen game to slow that pass rush down. 

Al-Shaair is going to be the key as I mentioned earlier. Rodgers sees what we see and he will be attempting to attack him all game and put him in space with Tonyan or his RBs.

I just went back to look at last year's meeting and the offense was starting Mullens, McKinnon, James, Cracraft, White and Skule. HOLY ISH!!! I knew it was bad, but I don't remember it being THAT bad lol. Defensively, Tartt got hurt midway through that game but overall had all the top guns minus Bosa and Ford of course. So the defense will need to play much better than it did last season vs GB. 

Here's a couple of blurbs from The Dope Sheet, courtesy of Packers.com - they do an awesome job of pulling together all kinds of info on every opponent

I will warn you in advance that I cherry-picked a couple that shine a light on the ownership comments from earlier -
And yes, I'm well aware of how the recent games actually went down ... I have the scars to prove it 

https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet-packers-travel-out-west-to-play-the-49ers

*It is the fourth consecutive season Green Bay has faced the 49ers in a prime-time contest and the 3rd consecutive year on the road
*Dating back to 1996, the Packers have a 12-3 mark against San Francisco during the regular season

*One or both teams have scored 30-plus points in each of the last four games they have played against each other (including postseason)
*QB Aaron Rodgers has played the 49ers 11 times, including the postseason, and registered a passer rating of 90-plus in 10 of those games and a passer rating of 100-plus in 5 contests
*Overall, Rodgers has posted 23 TDs, five INTs and a passer rating of 104.0 (including postseason) against San Francisco

*Including the postseason, Rodgers has thrown for over 300 yards in three of the last four games against San Francisco (305, 326, 425).
*WR Davante Adams has played in four games against the 49ers (including playoffs), averaging nine receptions, 121.5 yards and a TD per game

Packers at 49ers:

Regular season, all-time: 33-28-1
All-time, Postseason: 4-4
All-time, at San Francisco (regular season): 11-17-1   (2-1 at Levi's Stadium)
Streaks: Green Bay is 2-1 vs. San Francisco in the regular season since 2018.
Last meeting, regular season: Nov. 5, 2020, Levi's Stadium, Packers won, 34-17

Both franchises have delivered incredible football dynasties that changed the League -  with the 49ers leading the SB race at 5-1 to the Packers 4-1

Good Luck Gents

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well, well, well...Matt didn't shy away from asking Kyle about the narrative regarding Jimmy G and production down the field. And Kyle seemed pretty genuine in his response. Comes a couple minutes into the interview.

Well, we all know how I feel about Kyle talking to the media 😂 means about as much as "Trent brown is the best pass blocking tackle I've ever seen"

• Like 1