2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/9/21/22684502/crunching-dallas-cowboys-stats-what-the-numbers-say-about-the-win-over-the-los-angeles-chargers

"Micah Parsons - 39 snaps (55%)

The first time I saw this on social media, my jaw actually dropped. It seemed like Parsons was all over the field, harassing Herbert and making tackles."

^^ Agreed. That with 8 pressures in 39 snaps, dude was insane ^^

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/9/21/22684486/2021-nfl-week-3-power-rankings-the-dallas-cowboys-are-on-the-rise

"10 - Dallas Cowboys (LW: 12)

Winning against the Chargers was really impressive all things considered for the Cowboys. Down all of the players they were, all of the starters, to grind that out said a lot."

Not bad.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, D82 said:

Going back to the draft, these were the hot (realistic) names:

-Patrick Surtain   
-Jaycee Horn
-Micah Parsons   
-Rashawn Slater

If you could go back in time with what you know now… where would Parsons rank on your wish-list?

For me, above Slater is a no-brainer. It still might be hard for me to pass on one of the CBs, but he’s closing in quickly.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

-Patrick Surtain   
-Jaycee Horn
-Micah Parsons   
-Rashawn Slater

If you could go back in time with what you know now… where would Parsons rank on your wish-list?

For me, above Slater is a no-brainer. It still might be hard for me to pass on one of the CBs, but he’s closing in quickly.

It'd come down to Slater or Parsons for me. It's obviously still early, but Parsons is looking like he's going to be a generational type talent. 

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

-Patrick Surtain   
-Jaycee Horn
-Micah Parsons   
-Rashawn Slater

I’m still going Slater or one of CBs, but agree he’s making that a tougher call. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

-Patrick Surtain   
-Jaycee Horn
-Micah Parsons   
-Rashawn Slater

As you and I discussed many months ago, if we knew that he didn’t have the character concerns that were following him throughout this process, I would’ve leaned with him or Slater because I don’t consider DBs to be premium picks, especially when a d-line is trash. You know that I’ll lean o-line or d-line each and every time.

My thoughts are always this:

1. Find a QB

2. Protect that QB

2a. Sack the other team’s QB

4. Stop the run

5. Skill positions

6. DBs

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1