2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
52 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Okudah?

Hm… I think I’m a no on this.

Okudah has a chance at being a full time starter. Steele doesnt, unless one of he or Collins move to OG after the season. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Okudah has a chance at being a full time starter. Steele doesnt, unless one of he or Collins move to OG after the season. 

Terrance Steele has been in the league for 20 games and started 17 of them, for various issues with our OTs staying on the field.

But more than that, this season is shaping up as something really nice, and Steele could be an important piece to that. If we land Okudah, is he a clearly better prospect at this point to Kelvin Joseph? After a bad rookie season and an Achilles tear? I could possibly be convinced. I’m just saying, that trade doesn’t strike me as a no-brainer right now.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Wouldn't that take playing time from Kelvin Joseph though?

I'm expecting big things from him when he gets back.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

9 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Wouldn't that take playing time from Kelvin Joseph though?

I'm expecting big things from him when he gets back.

Cant take playing time from a guy who hasnt even landed a job yet. 

Also, we oftent play with 3 or 4 CBs, so its not that big a deal to stock up there. They get a lot more playing time than a back up RT.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Cant take playing time from a guy who hasnt even landed a job yet. 

Also, we oftent play with 3 or 4 CBs, so its not that big a deal to stock up there. They get a lot more playing time than a back up RT.

I’d be open to trading for a CB. But one that can’t help me in 2021, and whose long term prospects have taken a big hit… I’m very hesitant.

• Like 1

I do have some issues w/ the OL… nothing major but I’m not convinced Williams should be starting.  And, i also think there is a trade market for williams which could makes sense since i doubt he gets re-signed in offseason given Mc Govern is the better player right now.  When La’el returns, could we put him back at LG?  This could open up a trade with Williams.  But, I’m also hesitant on that given the OL generally playing well as a unit.  Chemistry is important.  

All that being said, Collins did have signs of greatness playing LG.  Williams really is our 3rd best OG (4th if we count Collins).  Williams had a poor showing at center this preseason so I don’t see him replacing Badass.  If we traded him, there’s definitely a market but I’d doubt we’d get better than a 5th for a short term rental.  I would love to see how good the OL could be with our 5 best players playing and McGovern playing some FB.

Can we start the petition for Will McClay for exec of the year? 

Still firmly believe his drafting is what kept Jason Garrett’s 8-8 seasons afloat from total disaster.

Re-tooling an entire defense in 2 offseason  as when given the green light to?

https://instagram.com/stories/cowboysrecap/2677526580461580386?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It would be significant at this point. More than Odukah for sure.  Dolphins need OL help in a bad way, send Byron back this way. 

A really good corner that plays in 2021 would do it for me.

What about draft picks? If you trade him for a 2nd rounder, you probably end up turning around and using that pick to replace him. So is that worthwhile? 

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

A really good corner that plays in 2021 would do it for me.

What about draft picks? If you trade him for a 2nd rounder, you probably end up turning around and using that pick to replace him. So is that worthwhile? 

I’d probably pass. He’s proven to be up to task thus far, albeit a really small sample size. He’s also super cheap thru next season. Not sure I’m willing to walk away at the moment without getting a known asset in return.