2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LVE unhappy with fans on social media. I get it. He has a legitimate gripe. Unfortunately it goes with the territory today for better or worse.

I kinda get where he's coming from. I would never/have never degraded a guy to the point some of these people on social media platforms do...but, in the same vein, these guys make more money in the course of a few years than most people do in their lifetime to play a game. Get over it.

I've worked in retail, as a mail carrier, etc. and dealt with far more flak for dumb $hit for nowhere close to the pay these guys get. I get his point that their contracts really aren't guaranteed in a sense, but if they play their cards right and invest they'd never have to work another day in their lives which is something not many people can do if they got fired from their jobs right now. 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/10/7/22711615/cowboys-analytics-roundup-dallas-defense-looks-very-good-so-far-dan-quinn-dak-prescott

Defense

Cowboys Defensive Efficiency

Grade Rank
Defensive DVOA -6.3% 10th
Pass Defense DVOA -4.7% 9th
Run Defense DVOA -10.4% 19th
Pass Rush Win Rate 42% 17th
Run Stop Win Rate 34% 2nd

Even those who were the most optimistic about Quinn’s ability to improve this defense with a bunch of rookies and bargain-bin free agent signings didn’t expect this. Through four games - which includes facing last year’s Super Bowl MVP and Offensive Rookie of the Year in addition to an early contender for Comeback Player of the Year - the Cowboys rank tenth in DVOA and ninth in pass defense DVOA. That’s incredible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I assumed the plan was for him to eventually play to center from the moment we drafted him. And just when I had all but given up on the idea…

Don’t really understand why they didn’t get him center snaps in preseason.

What am I missing? I thought they did, a bunch of them actually ?

I kiinda get tired also of the idea that just because some one makes more than you can even imagine making means that person is fair game to be treated badly by fans. They are fair game to discus their play on the field, are they better then others at their position and are they being paid too much for what they produce on the field. I would also add as public figures we as fans can also criticize off field issues involving situations that might lead to them being suspended.

36 minutes ago, quiller said:

I kiinda get tired also of the idea that just because some one makes more than you can even imagine making means that person is fair game to be treated badly by fans. They are fair game to discus their play on the field, are they better then others at their position and are they being paid too much for what they produce on the field. I would also add as public figures we as fans can also criticize off field issues involving situations that might lead to them being suspended.

The fans that throw out death threats and other personal insults are garbage. But, they certainly deserve to be called out when their play doesn't warrant what they're being paid. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-dak-prescott-kellen-moore-dallas-cowboys-efficient-playmaking-play-calling-2021

Some offenses — too many — rely on “playing the hits” to move the ball. What Dallas is doing asks a ton from its quarterback — process the coverage shell, identify where the free access is and take it regardless of the typical progression within the play call.

Prescott has the ability to do exactly that, and with the run game back in a rhythm we haven’t seen from the Cowboys in years, an MVP and a Lombardi Trophy are within reach for America’s Team.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-dak-prescott-kellen-moore-dallas-cowboys-efficient-playmaking-play-calling-2021

Some offenses — too many — rely on “playing the hits” to move the ball. What Dallas is doing asks a ton from its quarterback — process the coverage shell, identify where the free access is and take it regardless of the typical progression within the play call.

Prescott has the ability to do exactly that, and with the run game back in a rhythm we haven’t seen from the Cowboys in years, an MVP and a Lombardi Trophy are within reach for America’s Team.

If what above underlined are your words....... Damn man...sounds like you've gone all in. I'm not sure I'm there just quite yet as promising as it looks at the moment. Not to be a downer....I mean we do look strong.....just  uuggghhhh....something always seems to happen. Holding my breath.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

If what above underlined are your words....... Damn man...sounds like you've gone all in. I'm not sure I'm there just quite yet as promising as it looks at the moment. Not to be a downer....I mean we do look strong.....just  uuggghhhh....something always seems to happen. Holding my breath.

Thats all from the article, haha. I just dont like how the website screws with quote boxes. 

Edited by Matts4313

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn RIGHT!!!