2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I find it really amazing how fast we have gone from:

-Terrence Steele is hot garbage

to

-Oh dang, Steele is actually playing well

to

-Barely even talking about him anymore because we can just reliably expect him to be rock solid

Texas Tech guns up 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

to

to

-Barely even talking about him anymore because we can just reliably expect him to be rock solid

Amazing what a full off-season can do for a guy 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

to

to

QFT.  Steele has been an absolute stud this year.  I know I had low expectations after last year so I couldn’t be happier with his progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

FIFY!!!!!!!!

Thousands of players have floundered despite good coaching.

Coaching is important. Having a full preseason program in Dallas is important. But the #1 most important thing is the work he’s put in. None of the success happens without Steele absolutely grinding over the past 12-24 months to get to this point.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He’s also done a lot of work with Duke in the off-season. He clearly cares about his craft. 

If you are a young guy with some real athletic talent, you are absolutely insane not to just work your butt off for a couple of years.

One off-season of really hard work for Terrence Steele is basically the difference between having to sell insurance in 2023, and carving out a 10+ year NFL career and retirement before 35. He’ll make millions and have work for as long as he wants, based on the last 4 games.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Id imagine a lot since Steele started 14 games. 

Not during training  camp 2020. UDFAs are camp fodder. Coaches spend time with the drafted. The undrafted are on their own and thrown to the wolves. Which explains why he struggled mightily in 2020 being pulled and  replaced by Martin at RT. In training camp 2021 everything was different.

45 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Not during training  camp 2020. UDFAs are camp fodder. Coaches spend time with the drafted. The undrafted are on their own and thrown to the wolves. Which explains why he struggled mightily in 2020 being pulled and  replaced by Martin at RT. In training camp 2021 everything was different.

You have roughly, what, 6 weeks of training camp and preseason?

The reason Steele struggled last year, and the same reason he went undrafted, is because he wasn’t ready, not because he was neglected.

Just as the reason he’s playing well this year isn’t largely due because of the 6 weeks in Oxnard. It’s because of all the work he’s put in over the past 12 month, both with coaches and on his own. 

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

..............he wasn’t ready...............

According to Ourlads his biggest problems were lack techniques. That can only be solved by learning. Physical effort is not the same as instruction.