2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Nothing else on so watching replay of last game, and I don’t think we’ve talked enough about Odighizuwa enough.  He played a hellva game. Think we may have found ourselves a pretty good DT. 

I was so disappointed with that pick, based off of his brother's lack of success in the league. He may just turn out to be the better sibling. 

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s 100% Kellen Moore and his offense. He really is a whiz kid.

Well, it begins with keeping things simple like "designing your offense to attack the opposing defenses weakness." Instead of just throwing your best players out there and hoping they can deliver.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, D82 said:

This is an interesting chart…that raises more questions than answers for me.

1) It looks like there is a pretty solid negative correlation between efficiency and pace

2) We seem to be a 1 true outlier

I would love to know what goes into the decision making on this for Kellen and MM.

What makes them think this is a competitive advantage for them?

And are they right? Have they figured out a way that playing faster boosts their efficiency? Or is the offense so talented, that we just look like an outlier, but we’d be even more efficient at a slower pace?

8 hours ago, D82 said:

It'd come down to Slater or Parsons for me. It's obviously still early, but Parsons is looking like he's going to be a generational type talent. 

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m still going Slater or one of CBs, but agree he’s making that a tougher call. 

Interesting. I think we lose that game on Sunday with Slater instead of Parsons. I prefer Micah easily at this point.

13 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, it begins with keeping things simple like "designing your offense to attack the opposing defenses weakness." Instead of just throwing your best players out there and hoping they can deliver.

It’s also based on understanding the talent and abilities of your players, developing your players, and designing plays which cater to their strengths while seeking to exploit defensive weaknesses. Jason Garrett was incapable of doing any of that. This is an entirely different offense now that Garrett is gone, and we’re seeing a totally different type of play from our QB.

To be honest, I thought it was solely based on a general lack of NFL ability on his part, but after seeing him in Moore’s real offense (not the one run under Garrett, but the more mature and refined version of Boise State’s spread offense), it’s abundantly clear that Garrett was holding Dak (and everyone else) back and preventing him from developing and performing effectively. It’s obvious that this offense caters to Dak’s strengths and allows him to grow as a QB. He’s never going to wow anyone with his arm or his mechanics, but he’s light years better (now) than I ever thought he could be, which is directly linked to Kellen Moore. I truly believe that Moore is going to reach (and maybe surpass) the Sean Payton level of offensive play calling and design. He’s that brilliant.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

It’s also based on understanding the talent and abilities of your players, developing your players, and designing plays which cater to their strengths while seeking to exploit defensive weaknesses. Jason Garrett was incapable of doing any of that. This is an entirely different offense now that Garrett is gone, and we’re seeing a totally different type of play from our QB.

To be honest, I thought it was solely based on a general lack of NFL ability on his part, but after seeing him in Moore’s real offense (not the one run under Garrett, but the more mature and refined version of Boise State’s spread offense), it’s abundantly clear that Garrett was holding Dak (and everyone else) back and preventing him from developing and performing effectively. It’s so obvious that this offense caters to Dak’s strengths and allows him to grow as a QB. He’s never going to wow anyone with his arm or his mechanics, but he’s light years better (now) than I ever thought he could be, which is directly linked to Kellen Moore. I truly believe that Moore is going to reach (and maybe exceed) the Sean Payton level of offensive play calling and design. He’s that brilliant.

Its very clear. The difference between Moore and Garrett, is Moore understands the running game doesnt matter. Garrett was stuck in 1995

😁

(I had too)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

To be honest, I thought it was solely based on a general lack of NFL ability on his part, but after seeing him in Moore’s real offense (not the one run under Garrett, but the more mature and refined version of Boise State’s spread offense), it’s abundantly clear that Garrett was holding Dak (and everyone else) back and preventing him from developing and performing effectively. It’s obvious that this offense caters to Dak’s strengths and allows him to grow as a QB. He’s never going to wow anyone with his arm or his mechanics, but he’s light years better (now) than I ever thought he could be, which is directly linked to Kellen Moore. I truly believe that Moore is going to reach (and maybe surpass) the Sean Payton level of offensive play calling and design. He’s that brilliant.

Well put. It is refreshing to see. Now, if only our defense can get clicking, we may be alright.