2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

19 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

would definitely like to see him get going and try and see if he can supplant AB

Worth noting everyone placed on IR just prior to Week 1 is eligible to return next week- that's Joseph, Gallimore, Malik Turner, Josh Ball, Sean McKeon and Francis Bernard. While I wouldn't expect all of them to be activated, much less immediately contribute, some quality snaps from the first two in particular would go a long way.

51 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Worth noting everyone placed on IR just prior to Week 1 is eligible to return next week- that's Joseph, Gallimore, Malik Turner, Josh Ball, Sean McKeon and Francis Bernard. While I wouldn't expect all of them to be activated, much less immediately contribute, some quality snaps from the first two in particular would go a long way.

Of that group, Joseph and Gallimore are the two who will likely see the most work.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Very ready to put Joseph out there as CB2 and just live with the growing pains.

Same here. Based on how poorly Brown has played, it’s virtually impossible for Joseph to perform any worse. I’d rather roll with the rookie and let him figure things out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not until the offseason of course, but what are the Cap ramifications for cutting Zeke outright?

Not saying I want or don't want it, just curious of what the numbers would be. 

Spotrac has a Dead Cap hit of 30 mil (11 mil additional hit) next year if he’s cut but a 17 mil cap hit (500k savings) if designated a post June 1st 🙄 however goes down drastically after that

Edited by textaz03

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Same here. Based on how poorly Brown has played, it’s virtually impossible for Joseph to perform any worse. I’d rather roll with the rookie and let him figure things out.

Do you remember Daryl Worley last year?

It can be worse. However I think Joseph is a big improvement over AB.

31 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess my next question would be is it even a decent possibility??

From the moment his extension was signed, Zeke has been uncuttable until 2023 due to the contract language of his guarantees. His ‘19 and ‘20 base salaries were guaranteed at signing (he was already signed for those years so kind of a nominal gesture) while his ‘21 and ‘22 bases were both guaranteed a year in advance (5th day of the ‘20 and ‘21 league years respectively), making them effectively guaranteed at signing even if they technically were not. Essentially no one in the NFL but QBs get those kind of protections that far out in non-rookie contracts. Sigh.

20 hours ago, matt79511 said:

From the moment his extension was signed, Zeke has been uncuttable until 2023 due to the contract language of his guarantees. His ‘19 and ‘20 base salaries were guaranteed at signing (he was already signed for those years so kind of a nominal gesture) while his ‘21 and ‘22 bases were both guaranteed a year in advance (5th day of the ‘20 and ‘21 league years respectively), making them effectively guaranteed at signing even if they technically were not. Essentially no one in the NFL but QBs get those kind of protections that far out in non-rookie contracts. Sigh.

thanks for the response.. i guess. 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:47 PM, matt79511 said:

Jerry had some Emmitt hold out flash back and panicked.