2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s been some buzz that Connor McGovern could be in the starting lineup over CW this weekend.

I think it would be smart to consider giving McGovern an early extension. You could probably get him to agree to an extremely affordable 2 year extension, and then LG is locked down cheaply for the next 3 seasons. Gives McGovern some cash in his pocket now, as well as time to really prove himself before FA.

I wouldn't hate that idea.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s been some buzz that Connor McGovern could be in the starting lineup over CW this weekend.

I think it would be smart to consider giving McGovern an early extension. You could probably get him to agree to an extremely affordable 2 year extension, and then LG is locked down cheaply for the next 3 seasons. Gives McGovern some cash in his pocket now, as well as time to really prove himself before FA.

Why would McGovern do that? He knows Williams is gone next year.  Plus McGovern has position flexibility.   He cant be confident this regime values him.  I think he'd rather wait for a real offer or fa.

9 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Why would McGovern do that? He knows Williams is gone next year.  Plus McGovern has position flexibility.   He cant be confident this regime values him.  I think he'd rather wait for a real offer or fa.

He get’s money now, insuring himself against injury and bad play. He’s set to make a million next year. Give him a 2 year extension with $8m bonus. Still sets him up to hit FA at age 27, and likely a bigger payday than he can get as a just a 1 year starter.

Maybe he wouldn’t go for it. But it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable idea for someone who has barely played football.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I will always be bothered by how our beat writers are such massive puppets. They all reported that we only had 1 unvaccinated player. Well, Neal and Cooper make at least 2.

They can only report what they are told in terms of vaccines. 

Cooper needs a few weeks “rest”anyway… 17 games longer than 16 and these are out of conference. As sexy as the matchups are, the next two games are among the most meaningless in the standings. Same as the Love vs Chiefs game. It just doesn’t matter.

I figure our defense gets absolutely shredded though. Not sure we can keep up with Mahomes. Atlanta was a fraud as was evident last Thursday.

Best hope GB goes into a slump and NFC West/South beats on one another.