2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

13 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm ok with Pollard. I think he can pull the load.

The comments on Reddit are super annoying right now. The general consensus is that Zeke is a god who averages 4.5 YPC with 27 defenders in the box, Pollard gets all his yards when they switch to flag football. They swear that Pollard is a scrub that just doesnt get game planned for. Newsflash - Zeke doesnt get "game planned" for either in the sense of loaded boxes. Teams gameplan for our WRs/pass game. The box is almost always 7 or less unless its obvious run situations. 

I say that to say this: I have no doubts that Pollard could be RB1. We would have a pretty big drop in pass protection, but a pretty big uptick in splash plays from the run game. 

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The comments on Reddit are super annoying right now. The general consensus is that Zeke is a god who averages 4.5 YPC with 27 defenders in the box, Pollard gets all his yards when they switch to flag football. They swear that Pollard is a scrub that just doesnt get game planned for. Newsflash - Zeke doesnt get "game planned" for either in the sense of loaded boxes. Teams gameplan for our WRs/pass game. The box is almost always 7 or less unless its obvious run situations. 

I say that to say this: I have no doubts that Pollard could be RB1. We would have a pretty big drop in pass protection, but a pretty big uptick in splash plays from the run game. 

Except the Broncos specifically went out of their way to game plan for the run game and forced Dak to beat them. It was really weird and we should have slaughter them. 

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Except the Broncos specifically went out of their way to game plan for the run game and forced Dak to beat them. It was really weird and we should have slaughter them. 

Everything about that game has been purged from my memory, so I cant confirm nor deny if you are correct. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, Northland said:

Actions like this put the entire team at risk.  

How do you figure?

The vaccine does NOT prevent the virus, it only diminishes its effects on you. I was vaccinated as was my fiancee and we both got covid and got really sick.

If you are not vaccinated, you run the risk of getting deathly ill or being vented.

But either way, ANYONE, vaccinated or not, can contract and spread the virus.

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

How do you figure?

The vaccine does NOT prevent the virus, it only diminishes its effects on you. I was vaccinated as was my fiancee and we both got covid and got really sick.

If you are not vaccinated, you run the risk of getting deathly ill or being vented.

Your chances of contracting it are less if you are vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

How do you figure?

I am not getting into it.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Who told you that? 

It does make you less likely, but you can still very easily get it. People are ignoring that 90% of the people who have missed time this year *are* vaccinated. 

And this is coming from someone who is double vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Who told you that? 

Gentlemen I may have got the Covid ball rolling with my comment(s) about Cooper and for that I apologize. I should have known better. May I suggest we keep things to football?  In my experience discussions about Covid over the last almost two years can rapidly deteriorate and tempers can flare.  Let's all move on.

27 minutes ago, Northland said:

Gentlemen I may have got the Covid ball rolling with my comment(s) about Cooper and for that I apologize. I should have known better. May I suggest we keep things to football?  In my experience discussions about Covid over the last almost two years can rapidly deteriorate and tempers can flare.  Let's all move on.

Very good sir!

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Reverend!

On 11/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, Matts4313 said:

I do think Pollard has become better at between the tackles running and fighting for extra yards vs last year. I'd like to see them both on the field at the same time more, since they are both very good receivers.   3wr 2rb sets or 2wr 1 TE 2RB sets.  In 3 wr, Zeke is so good at blocking he could fullback for Pollard.