2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Hey @D82, is it too early to start a trade thread before the trade deadine. Maybe there are/will be some talents we can get for cheap (or even not cheap) that can bolster, mainly our defense (D-lineman) and/or whatever else needed? 

You can if ya want 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its not like he makes the picks, but I see your point. 

I agree, I probably wouldn’t give much credit or blame on either.

But, if I had to guess, it’s likely that an area scout had a lot more to do with the selection of Kelvin Joseph, because he’s the one digging into Joseph’s concerning background and work ethic.

And maybe they’ll be right, still. We’ll see. 

25 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We had some good teams under JG. Makes me wonder how good they could have been without him. 2014 and 2016 may have been even better

I think with a better coach, we win at least one Super Bowl.

33 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think with a better coach, we win at least one Super Bowl.

Just a healthy Romo gets us to the chip in ‘15 or ‘16 I think (assuming he generally maintains his ‘14 play). Those defenses were both much better than the 2014 unit

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Soon to be unemployed Redball’s offense is…not ideal. 😬 

Normally I might LOL, but I made a thread about 6 years ago about how much I despised RG and was blasted by many for it..  whatever now. I have moved on. but I never saw him in the same light as some. Glad that's over with.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Normally I might LOL, but I made a thread about 6 years ago about how much I despised RG and was blasted by many for it..  whatever now. I have moved on. but I never saw him in the same light as some. Glad that's over with.

I had faith in JG for better or worse. He had some terrific qualities and I think he deserves some credit for changing the direction talent wise of this organization. That said, I don’t miss him either. Should have happened sooner, but it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Question on Shultz. How good do you think he is/can be?? He has been solid so far. Really not sure to what level a blocker he is. He is getting open and making nice catches. Is he just a pretty good TE? Or can he be better than that?

Type of player I love to have. He just finds a way to make things happen.  Not someone you break the bank for, but you go the extra mile to keep. Best way I can put it.