2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

17 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Pitts is a unicorn. Because of his versatility, he would’ve added another layer to this offense that it didn’t have. That said, everyone said that he was a luxury, not a necessity, which is why virtually no one supported trading up for him.

Pitts was not a need though when you already have a pretty good tightend in Schulz. Even without Gallup offense looks great as Dak has so many weapons. Slater was the guy I wanted when it was Dallas turn to pick as I was not sure Smith can stay healthy. I was not pissed about the Parsons pick as I knew he was a freak athlete. I had no clue though he could rush the passer like this. Kid is special.

37 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Pitts was not a need though when you already have a pretty good tightend in Schulz. Even without Gallup offense looks great as Dak has so many weapons. Slater was the guy I wanted when it was Dallas turn to pick as I was not sure Smith can stay healthy. I was not pissed about the Parsons pick as I knew he was a freak athlete. I had no clue though he could rush the passer like this. Kid is special.

I believe I said that he was a luxury and not a necessity. And seeing that I refuse to draft for need and believe that you take the BPA regardless of position, I would’ve taken Pitts had he slid that far. You never allow a team to get better at your expense.

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I believe I said that he was a luxury and not a necessity. And seeing that I refuse to draft for need and believe that you take the BPA regardless of position, I would’ve taken Pitts had he slid that far. You never allow a team to get better at your expense.

Yes if Pitts falls that far you take him as he’s the best player on board but everyone knew he was not falling that far. I’m pretty sure the Cowboys didn’t even know Parsons was this good otherwise they would not have traded back.

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Yes if Pitts falls that far you take him as he’s the best player on board but everyone knew he was not falling that far. I’m pretty sure the Cowboys didn’t even know Parsons was this good otherwise they would not have traded back.

I completely agree. And, like I said, very few people on this board were willing to trade up for Pitts because it would’ve been a terrible idea given how awful our defense was. Further, I have yet to see a TE be someone who completely changes/revolutionizes an offense. They add a hell of a lot of value when used properly, but the position itself is not a franchise changing position.

16 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I completely agree. And, like I said, very few people on this board were willing to trade up for Pitts because it would’ve been a terrible idea given how awful our defense was. Further, I have yet to see a TE be someone who completely changes/revolutionizes an offense. They add a hell of a lot of value when used properly, but the position itself is not a franchise changing position.

Pitts real value will hit in two three years to be a real game changer.  While a player like Parsons can have a more immediate impact. So what is it you really want. For instance right now Schultz has more receptions then Pitts.  Sure Pitts is a better TE but just how much would he have helped over the next couple years tell he matures into his elite status over what we already have

Rank

Dak Prescott

Dallas Cowboys · Year 6

2021 stats: 3 games | 77.5 pct | 878 pass yds | 7.9 ypa | 6 pass TD | 2 INT | 19 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 4 fumbles

He's in total control. Forcing this Dallas offense to punt has been an uphill climb for three straight weeks, with Dak the master of all he surveys. The Cowboys have shown versatility while playing three types of games, adapting well with a veteran offense boasting explosive talent and rare continuity. Listening to Peyton and Eli on Monday night, you heard the honest appreciation of kindred spirits recognizing another pre-snap legend. Dak has picked up where he left off last season, except this time he has a healthy offensive line and a frisky defense

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-4-2021-season-rankings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:
Rank

Dak Prescott

Dallas Cowboys · Year 6

2021 stats: 3 games | 77.5 pct | 878 pass yds | 7.9 ypa | 6 pass TD | 2 INT | 19 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 4 fumbles

He's in total control. Forcing this Dallas offense to punt has been an uphill climb for three straight weeks, with Dak the master of all he surveys. The Cowboys have shown versatility while playing three types of games, adapting well with a veteran offense boasting explosive talent and rare continuity. Listening to Peyton and Eli on Monday night, you heard the honest appreciation of kindred spirits recognizing another pre-snap legend. Dak has picked up where he left off last season, except this time he has a healthy offensive line and a frisky defense

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-4-2021-season-rankings

I love that he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. 

16 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I wonder how long it’s been since our last defensive player of the month

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/players-of-the-month.htm

Demarcus Lawrence, September 2017. Before that, Sean Lee (Oct. 2013 and Sept. 2011).

Interestingly, we didn't win it a single time in the 2000s. Ware only got it as a member of the Broncos (Sept. 2015). Kinda hard to believe.