Packers waive TE Jace Sternberger

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Fackrell really their best pick in RD3 over the past decade how about that

I know it isn't good, but does the 2011 cut off date kind of seem like Cherry picking an arbitrary date a bit for shock by Herman? or use the 10 year scale kind of I guess?  GB didn't have 3rd rounder's in 2015, 2012, or 2013. There were some nice 3rd rounders by TT prior to 2011 with Burnett, Finley, James Jones. Like I said, it's not good, but much better when one considers those details.

Hopefully Amari and Deguara help it look better soon for recent times too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know it isn't good, but does the 2011 cut off date kind of seem like Cherry picking an arbitrary date a bit for shock by Herman? or use the 10 year scale kind of I guess?  GB didn't have 3rd rounder's in 2015, 2012, or 2013. There were some nice 3rd rounders by TT prior to 2011 with Burnett, Finley, James Jones. Like I said, it's not good, but much better when one considers those details.

I view that stretch as flipping a coin 10 times and getting this:

HTTHTHHTHT

instead of:

TTTTTHHHHH

or:

HHHHHTTTTT

i seen nothing particularly interesting here, and has the same cumulative result as probably every single other team over the same stretch

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It's an arbitrary date for sure but considering how short the average NFL career is, I'd say it's a reasonable cut off point. How many players picked from 2005-2010 are still in the league, you know?

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Fackrell really their best pick in RD3 over the past decade how about that

I'd say that D!ckRod and Sackrell were fine.  Aren't most of these guys better athletes than football players, notable exception being D!ckRod?

Just skimming over the 4th round, and I bet that the Packers have one of the best 4th round success rates in the league over the same time period.  

As for Sternberger, does anyone even care if he is on the PS? I sure don't.  I think I would rather work with the current guys over Sternberger.  

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'd say that D!ckRod and Sackrell were fine.  Aren't most of these guys better athletes than football players, notable exception being D!ckRod?

Just skimming over the 4th round, and I bet that the Packers have one of the best 4th round success rates in the league over the same time period.  

As for Sternberger, does anyone even care if he is on the PS? I sure don't.  I think I would rather work with the current guys over Sternberger.  

If we can get him on the PS, it would be a good move. He’s still young and has athletic talent to develop. TE can take a while, especially for the smaller receiving TEs to develop their blocking to NFL level. Tonyan took a while and has grow into a solid asset. It might not be in the cards for Jace but if we can continue his development, we’ll need some help there next year.