Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

We'll get to see Landon Dickerson or Nate Herbig start at RG on Monday. 

Barnett, Sweat, Kerrigan will be playing more often now w/o BG. Hopefully we get to see more Milton Williams as well. Dude was manhandling players in preseason

I hope the team learned a lot from the 49ers game because a lot of the mistakes that made could be more or less easily fixed. 

Ertz was moved to the COVID reserve list. If he doesn't come back for the game, I really hope they try to get Goedert more involved. He can chew up a lot of playing time without Ertz. 

I hope we run the ball down their throats to open up our passing game, NOT the other way around like they were trying last week. 

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Gotta attack the middle of the field more between the hashes. I think Hurts has 1 pass through 2 games between the hashes. Lean more towards WR, but use your tight ends. We need to learn about Jalen Hurts. 

Yep. Way too much protection for him. I know the staff is trying to win but you have to let him loose to see if he can play in this league. Too many of those quick WR screen things. And not enough TE utilization or running plays. We have a talented group of runners. Let them rumble. 

Only 4 point dogs on the road. Interesting. Thought it'd be more. I'll default to it being close since neither team seems particularly good or bad, and it's a divisional game, but I can definitely see a path to this game getting out of hand with how good that Dallas offense is on paper vs a D I don't think too highly of. I think we're gonna have to be putting up points, 27+, if we want to be in it. Key on defense is to get pressure on Dak, if he's feeling comfortable all day he will certainly shred us.

Dallas- 31

Eagles- 27

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Also, there’s no need for Boston Scott on the roster. Gainwell can play and he’s the clear #2. We should bring up Howard for some power game when we need it. 

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Is it me or has our short yardage game been awful through 2 games? I'd be hard to convince that Howard wouldn't have picked up most of these 3rd and 4th and shorts if called upon. I think some of the blame goes to playcalling, and some to player execution including the OL getting not enough push.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Is it me or has our short yardage game been awful through 2 games? I'd be hard to convince that Howard wouldn't have picked up most of these 3rd and 4th and shorts if called upon. I think some of the blame goes to playcalling, and some to player execution including the OL getting not enough push.

Even with our Frankenstein OL last year we were still able to convert most of our 3/4th and short plays with inside runs. It's peculiar to me why we haven't tried yet. Unless Sirianni is holding out until we get a team that we can gash the middle with. After all, he played a pro style offense with Flacco all through the preseason and that definitely helped disguise what we really wanted to do with the offense.

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

This is my first ever Eagles game. I didn´t want to go to this one but due to Covid it was the only option. God, I hope we don´t get blown out...

In Dallas, bold! Or a glutton for punishment.  👍

Have fun.

Edited by Nabbs4u