Draft Pick Watch 2022 | #15, #16 and TBD Picks

Danger

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

3,7, and 14 currently. Need Indy to start losing. A lot of upsets today tho. Good for the overall placement of things. That Miami win hurts but they’ll have plenty of time to prove their ineptitude. 

Dolphins have three guaranteed losses left in the Ravens, Saints, and Titans. They have two games vs the Jets who have looked better recently, a game against the Giants who just beat the Raiders, and the Panthers whose offense looks more inept than our defense. I don't see them beating the Pats a second time.

I think it is super possible they win one more game, maybe two if they split vs the Jets. That pick would likely be top 3 in that case which imo is good enough. They aren't beating Detroit for that first overall pick regardless lol.

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I kind of hope not but Sirrianni didn't take the bait on the is Jalen Hurts a franchise QB question today. Said anything to get out of answering that question. Which I don't blame him but seeming like he wants his own QB

Sirianni in the presser after the game sounded disappointed after the close loss just like the players were, but he did call Jalen a “stud” fwiw. 

On Jalen Hurts’ performance

The head coach was asked how he felt the quarterback handled himself on that fourth quarter drive.

“He was a stud. He was a big time stud. I mean, I’ve got a lot of respect for [Chargers HC] Brandon Staley, they knew we were moving the ball really well on offense, and he didn’t leave anything — I’m pretty confident he didn’t leave anything on his call sheet. He started coming with different things, and I think they had a blitz-zero on that last play, Jalen ended up — we all saw that, ended up getting to a play, Jalen ended up doing great communication telling everybody what the play was, and then just fired a strike to DeVonta [Smith]. 

But, what I think was really, really impressive — obviously that throw was really unbelievable in the face of some pressure, the offensive line did a heck of a job just protecting against that blitz-zero, but that’s advanced football right there. To be able to see what was going on, and then to be able to get the communication at the line of scrimmage and talk and get everybody on the same page for a 28-yard score, I believe it was. 

And then just a couple of the drives he made. He was just really unfazed by the scenario and he just showed a lot of poise. Down seven, everything in his eyes said put it on me and let’s go, let’s keep running the ball, let’s keep play-actioning it, let’s make sure we’re converting on third downs, and he made some unbelievable plays on third down. The play where he jumped over the top and did the flip, I think if we would’ve won that game, that would be a played they showed over in Philly for a long time. He was just really composed in a tight situation, and that’s what you want out of your quarterbacks.”

Sirianni went on to acknowledge that having a good run game opened some things for Hurts and the offense, because when you’re running the ball well, the defense has to prepare for different things. The Eagles finished with 176 rushing yards, which helped keep some of the defense occupied to open things up with the passing game.

From BGN: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/11/7/22769281/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-recap-reaction-chargers-week-9-jalen-hurts-justin-herbert

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'd like to think we don't use one on this group of QBs, so yes

The only QB I’m really interested in atm is Corrall and I’m far from sold. The defensive talent in this draft is absurd and we can stack up on talent in preparation for the 2023 draft which looks great at QB. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sirianni in the presser after the game sounded disappointed after the close loss just like the players were, but he did call Jalen a “stud” fwiw. 

From BGN: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/11/7/22769281/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-recap-reaction-chargers-week-9-jalen-hurts-justin-herbert

I mean he is a stud in a room full of 2s lol.

He says the right things but when it comes to the commitment part he dodges and I get that but still

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Miami could win a lot of games with how they played today. Not looking good… they have jets twice, pats, giants, panthers….

Yeah, I unfortunately don’t think any of our 3 first rounders will be that great honestly. We’ll still have 3 firsts which is great, but we’ll probably be lucky to get just one of ours or Miami inside the top 8 or even 10. I don’t think any of our picks will be high enough to get a blue chip talent which would be like what? Top 3 or 5? Eagles fans can probably give up the dream of one of Stingley, Thibodeaux, Hamilton or whoever else you consider that top of the class prospect.