Draft Pick Watch 2022 | #15, #16 and TBD Picks

Danger

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Derrick Stingley Jr, Kyle Hamilton, and Drake Jackson. 

Drake doing a lot of that OLB stuff at USC actually does make him more attractive to the eagles scheme-wise.
So far have seemed to like a versatile edge player to compliment a more stout traditional DE, which Sweat and a rehabbed BG will be next year.

Hamilton would be an awesome get. Fixes a lot of problems on this defense, and would really be featured in this scheme too.

Stingley, like all those 1st round CB prospects would be a nice add. But probably my first position to go if we are replacing Jalen.

If Jalen doesn't step up throughout the year and we end up with 3 top 10 picks, I'm looking to upgrade.
Like the guy, just not the player all the time. He's still very young in his career, but we need to see improvement on some of this stuff.
Last night against Dallas was a big opportunity to step up and show something... and he laid an egg. 

If we have 3, 6, 10 we basically could just trade 6 & 10 straight up for #1, but realistically could do #6 and other picks.
Especially if it's the Jags or Jets at the top again, they'll gladly take the picks to rebuild since they took a QB last year.
Corral, Strong or whoever will emerge as the clear favorite...even better for us if a couple guys do make the case.

With the thought that Jalen doesn't step up, they could easily walk away with a top QB prospect + a guy like Hamilton and that's pretty exciting in and of itself.
And the consolation prizes of some of these edges and corners aren't bad either. Even better if Jalen shows up.

Yeah I think we’ve gotta go QB if we have a top 5 pick or something like 3 top 15 picks. It seems people always hate the current QB class in September. I’m sure 3 or 4 guys emerge as 1st round talent. Big arm, athletic, seemingly accurate. What else is there? Rest is all between the ears, which is a crap shoot as far as I’m concerned. 

1 argument against QB, which I don’t oppose, is that our roster and potentially coaching is such a mess that we prioritize BPA until taking our QB. Trot out Hurts again or maybe get stop gap like Jimmy G in 2022.

Of course, this is all assuming Hurts doesn’t inspire confidence that he is QBOTF in these 14 remaining games.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If Jalen doesn't step up throughout the year and we end up with 3 top 10 picks, I'm looking to upgrade.

Especially if it's the Jags or Jets at the top again, they'll gladly take the picks to rebuild since they took a QB last year.
Corral, Strong or whoever will emerge as the clear favorite...even better for us if a couple guys do make the case.

Through the first 3 weeks of the season...

Jalen Hurts: 780 yards (66% comp), 8.2 Y/A, 5 TD/2 INT, 99.2 QB rating, 179 rushing yards, 1 TD

Zach Wilson: 628 yards (55% comp), 6.0 Y/A, 2 TD/7 INT, 51.6 QB rating, 21 rushing yards

Trevor Lawerence: 669 yards (54% comp), 5.7 Y/A, 5 TD/7 INT, 60.3 QB rating, 46 rushing yards

Justin Fields: 138 yards (40% comp), 2.7 Y/A, 0 TD/1 INT, 39.9 QB rating, 46 rushing yards, 1 TD

Mac Jones: 737 yards (67% comp), 6.1 Y/A, 2 TD/3 INT, 79.1 QB rating, 28 rushing yards'

Drafting a QB doesn't mean it will instantly be an upgrade. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I still think this team is screwed until they fire Roseman. Do we really want that guy making all of these potential first round picks? The lack of talent on this team is pretty apparent, and it's because that weasel can't draft for crap!

Even if we are bad this year like 5 wins or less do we really think Howie gets canned? Lurie loves him like a son I feel like.

38 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I still think this team is screwed until they fire Roseman. Do we really want that guy making all of these potential first round picks? The lack of talent on this team is pretty apparent, and it's because that weasel can't draft for crap!

While I agree Howie has made stinker picks, it has become more apparent that our previous coaching staff were unable to develop players that were considered "talented" coming into the NFL draft. It really is a weird chicken and the egg situation. Did the coaching staff suck at developing talent or does Howie only draft sucky players? It is probably a bit of both imo. I really want to see the whole season with this roster and how they develop (if they do). Especially Smith and Dickerson.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Hurts: 780 yards (66% comp), 8.2 Y/A, 5 TD/2 INT, 99.2 QB rating, 179 rushing yards, 1 TD

Zach Wilson: 628 yards (55% comp), 6.0 Y/A, 2 TD/7 INT, 51.6 QB rating, 21 rushing yards

Trevor Lawerence: 669 yards (54% comp), 5.7 Y/A, 5 TD/7 INT, 60.3 QB rating, 46 rushing yards

Justin Fields: 138 yards (40% comp), 2.7 Y/A, 0 TD/1 INT, 39.9 QB rating, 46 rushing yards, 1 TD

Mac Jones: 737 yards (67% comp), 6.1 Y/A, 2 TD/3 INT, 79.1 QB rating, 28 rushing yards'

Don't need an instant upgrade, but I'd rather draft a young kid with talent who can grow into something special than place our hopes in a guy whose ceiling is as low as Hurts. We will see what happens, but the coming QB class has a couple guys I am really interested in. Lots of football to played of course.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Very fair, 

Obviously Hurts gets a bit of a bump for getting his feet wet last year and a better overall supporting cast on offense.
But yeah we've seen a garbage heap of 1st and 2nd round picks come in and flame way worse than Jalen. Zach Wilson looks abysmal so far.

I hope he can build through the year and be the guy, it's the best case scenario.
If Jalen is the guy it'll be huge. They can go into next year with 3 firsts and bolster this team with young talent,
with what I'd expect will be 2 top 15 firsts and some package of picks for trading the other pick. 

Really the largest part of my hesitancy is Lurie and Howie. The organization hasn't given much of any backing to Jalen outside of Sirianni.
And Lurie is hyperfocused on offense, if he isn't sold on Jalen and sees an upgrade...I think he pushes Howie to make it happen.
He doesn't want a middling offense. Right now that's what Jalen has shown, not reading the field well...really bad timing and placement throughout the games.
Needs to show some level of growth on that stuff the more starts he gets under his belt.
Sirianni isn't calling a great game but Jalen throwing behind guys downfield or on routes in the middle is on him. Locking into running or an early read is on him.
He's got the tools but not everyone figures out how to use them...see previously mention garbage heap.

Rooting for him, like the guy.