Week 3 GDT: Washington @ Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Late as usual for this.

This will be the first of back to back weeks where the Bills opponent is coming off a longer rest having played the previous Thursday night.

Bills Offense:

Despite putting up 35 points last week, the Bills passing offense still left a lot to be desired. Especially in comparison to what we had gotten used to in 2020. Is this the week where Allen goes off and puts our minds mostly at ease? Guys are open and plays are there to be me made. They just need to execute. The run game looked good last week. Both Singletary and Moss scored touchdowns and showed their strengths of elusiveness and power respectively. Daniel Jones ran all over Washington last week who had no clue how to stop the read option. I imagine we get Allen involved in the run game early to get his head into the game and potentially opening things up for play action shots.

Bills Defense:

The early returns of the DL upgrades from the off-season are obvious through two weeks. Star has helped the run defense and LBs. Oliver looks to be penetrating much better. AJ Epenesa has been getting pressure and forcing QB's off the spot and first round pick Gregory Rousseau has been responsible for clean up duty and effecting teams run game. Going against a young QB this week who is on the road against a veteran defensive group like this one should bode well for the Bills. I expect Washington to try and line Terry McLaurin up all over the field so he isn't seeing Tre White all game. Our LB's and S will need to be doing a good job of staying disciplined against PA as Logan Thomas could be a huge threat over the middle.  

Quick Synopsis:

I was looking forward to seeing Fitz but nonetheless this should be an exciting game. Right now we are the better team and are at home in front of a ferocious crowd who are starved for a regular season win. It seems like the offense is right there they just haven't put it all together yet. If that happens this week, things could go very well for us. I expect another strong showing from our defense who should be able to match up and limit Washington's big plays. I'll go on a limb and say Allen shows up this week in a big way.

Bills 37
Washington 17.

Very worried about our O-Line vs. their very strong D-Line. Chase Young, Montez Sweat and Co. (all 4 starters are first rounders) are nasty and our line has been our biggest weakness thus far. 

Otherwise, nothing really overly worrisome. Think we'll come out with a win.

I think this is Josh Allen's "breakout" game of 2021. I thought he played better last week than the box score showed but I'm hoping/expecting this is to a 2020 JA game. He easily could've vultured those (2) TD runs by Moss and had a 4-5 TD game but we still won 35-0. 

I really love the Bills defense this year so far. Seems like we have a BUNCH of dudes that can get after the QB. Epenesa, Rousseau, Hughes, Addison, Oliver & co. The secondary looks elite again and Matt Milano looks even better this year lol. 

Bills 35 - Washington 17

Star not practicing is worrisome, it seems like these injuries arent going away I just hope that he is able to play as he was helpful last week. 

The oline is going to have its work cut out for them and pass protection needs to be key, giving up a sack last week Daryl Williams needs to step up and bring 2020 back. The fact they kept ford at RG all last game removing Ike from the equation this seems like the best was to continue building that oline. I am hoping the run game gets going early as the dline in the pass game can cost us chances of scoring. 

I am also worried about the punting game it came close to another block last week. I am not sure if Haack is holding on to the ball to long or if the line is crumbling but that needs to be worked on. Cant have any momentum going their way during this game.

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Star not practicing is worrisome, it seems like these injuries arent going away I just hope that he is able to play as he was helpful last week. 

The oline is going to have its work cut out for them and pass protection needs to be key, giving up a sack last week Daryl Williams needs to step up and bring 2020 back. The fact they kept ford at RG all last game removing Ike from the equation this seems like the best was to continue building that oline. I am hoping the run game gets going early as the dline in the pass game can cost us chances of scoring. 

I am also worried about the punting game it came close to another block last week. I am not sure if Haack is holding on to the ball to long or if the line is crumbling but that needs to be worked on. Cant have any momentum going their way during this game.

I noticed this as well. He certainly seems to be holding onto the ball longer. I don't love what I've seen from him... 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Almost a certainty that Cam Lewis will be called up.

Not confident in Cam he got shredded in Preseason. Hopefully Levi and dane are able to play as they were full participants today.

Good to see Star not questionable though. Need consistency on the dline to continue to be aggressive

Edited by soflbillsfan