Week 3 GDT: Bears vs Browns

CBears019

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd post a "not sure if serious" gif...but Nagy doesn't deserve that strong of a defense. 😆

But...check out the games again, dude. (If you're able, if that takes effort then don't bother.) 

The run game is FAR more diverse than the steady diet of inside zone we had in the Trubisky era. Now...it's not working very well, but that's another issue. He's also STICKING WITH THE RUN--which is something we've absolutely never seen him do before. And the passing game? Even though I criticized the call on that 3rd and 6 (and the criticism was warranted, IMO) we're seeing a lot more thought put into that element of the offense, too. Far, FAR fewer series where every receiver is 15-20 yards downfield on every play.

So, IMO, it's better. Is it NFL quality playcalling? Probably not. But, it is better. 

I can see where you are going with it, but he bailed on the run today. From halftime (down only by 7) on, Monty got to run the ball only 3 times. One was a direct snap too so not much thought on who the defense was going to focus on. lol.

So while the first two games I will absolutely agree with you, but today he did the same thing he always gets back to - dropping the rungame completely. When your lead RB gets only 1 more carry than the number of sacks you give up, that's embarrassing.

We had almost a 3 to 1 dropback to rush ratio again today. Just sad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I can see where you are going with it, but he bailed on the run today. From halftime (down only by 7) on, Monty got to run the ball only 3 times. One was a direct snap too so not much thought on who the defense was going to focus on. lol.

So while the first two games I will absolutely agree with you, but today he did the same thing he always gets back to - dropping the rungame completely. When your lead RB gets only 1 more carry than the number of sacks you give up, that's embarrassing.

We had almost a 3 to 1 dropback to rush ratio again today. Just sad.

Dude.

It was clear they had to play serious catch-up, in spite of the score.

The defense couldn't stop the Browns. 

I don't know what else I can say. Passing more in that circumstance is warranted, and what any reasonable coach would do.

And now...I have to take another shower today. As I feel dirty defending Matt Nagy. 

Excuse me, I'll be back in a bit. 

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

No he wouldn’t. They’d be their own OC here 

Nagy calls Pace to tattle on Brady for calling his own plays.

Pace - "STFU Nagy. You're here for pressers and to schedule practice. Now stop calling me before I let someone else get paid for nothing." Hangs up phone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Dude.

I don't know what else I can say. Passing more in that circumstance is warranted, and what any reasonable coach would do.

And now...I have to take another shower today. As I feel dirty defending Matt Nagy. 

I respectfully, but wholeheartedly disagree. You're not playing a desperate game of catch up when you have the ball and are down by one score early in the 2nd. Well, you shouldn't be but Nagy is a coward so he was.

So the defense can't stop the Browns, then keep the clock running. Monty ran for 3.4 YPC the same as Fields threw for 3.4. Running the ball helps the OL and keeps the DL from pinning their ears back like we saw. You let the defense know you're one dimensional and you get exactly what we got today. You don't take away your best offensive player because of the defense like Nagy did.

Plus the defense totally outperformed the offense today. If you told me we gave up 9 sacks, passed for 68 yards and Monty had 34 yards rushing I would have expected a 40+ point blowout.

As for cleaning I recommend WD40 first, then Dawn dishsoap. I used this combo when I said Nagy wouldn't run a Martz-like system a week or two ago.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Dude.

The Browns had 10 at halftime. For the majority of the first 3 quarters, the Bears were within a possession. How can you say the D couldn't stop the Browns? 

• Like 1

I went kayaking this morning and then over to a friends house for a bit. Left around 12:30 saying I wanted to get home to watch the game. Drove about halfway home thinking about the game. And I knew I shouldn't bother.  So I turned around. I went back out on the lake instead and had a great Sunday. Sorry you guys tortured yourselves watching this garbage team let us all down once again. Saddest part of all of this is that is anyone here really even surprised? Like, I have just accepted the Bears suck and will always suck. I don't care if they win or lose anymore. I don't care if I watch the game or not. I'll follow along but that's about it. I am no longer emotionally invested in this team and I love it. I had a great Sunday. And if I sat down and watched this team it would have been ruined. Well not anymore. This guy will always be a Bears fan but they will no longer ruin my Sundays. I urge you all to quit caring. It's better. Truly.

• Like 3