Week 3 GDT: Bears vs Browns

CBears019

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Even without Landry Browns still have one of better Olines, Nick Chubb and Hunt who are two of best RBs, OBJ, Hooper and Njoku, and People Jones is an elite athlete getting better at being a football player.

Their weak point is their QB and he isn't horrible.

This is a loaded team talentwise.   Most top to bottom talent in league in my opinion. 

They just don't always put it all together and they are more of a collection of individuals than a team at times

If Bears win this game it would be very large upset in my opinion.  

Anthony Herron was saying the same thing on the radio this morning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G08 said:

This blurb from the Sun Times has me giddy if it's true:

Do you guys really think our coaches have been designing a playbook for Fields since he was drafted? Because if true, that's almost 5 months of scheme development...

Of course they have.  I gotta sneak peek at one of them.  Wanna see it?

Yeah, I don't believe it either.

Edited by soulman

This game will come down to the OL/DL battle for both teams.... and whichever team can run the ball is the one that wins it.

We got Mario Edwards and likely getting Eddie Goldman back for this game...

Browns run game gets shut down hard, and their pass rush has (thus far) underperformed this season, so I think we're going to be able to run the ball with monty and then pass with Fields.

Meanwhile knowing their WR are banged up, and presuming that we can stuff the run game, I'm much more confident that we can hold up defensively vs a Mayfield led offense trying to pass downfield... Our Nickel is still garbage, but I don't think they've got the weapons healthy enough for that to matter.

Bears edge this one 28-17, because I'm buying a Fields breakout game, but the game is much closer than the score would imply... I think we catch a big play TD to mooney or goodwin and a 40+ yrd run by Fields, and win the turnover battle by 1

That being said, if the Browns pass rush actually plays to potential, and their DL just dominates the LOS so we can't run, this game could get super ugly for us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, G08 said:

Dave Wannstedt on the radio the other day (say what you want about his tenure here, that dude is a terrific listen when it comes to talking football) said he'd focus on running the ball, moving Fields out of the pocket, and giving him a basic set of plays so the kid can just react and make plays off-script if the initial read isn't there. He said -- and I agree 110% -- the worst thing we can do is overload his mind and make him play slow and not react to what he's seeing.

Boy... this game is going to be EXTREMELY telling about just how good of an offensive coach Matt Nagy is.

I. Can't. *******. Wait.

I agree. I think this game will really give us an idea of Nagy's ability to coach the offense. If this team looks disorganized and the plays make no sense, I think it's time for him to go. 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, G08 said:

Do you guys really think our coaches have been designing a playbook for Fields since he was drafted? 

Maybe they've been cobbling together packages of different stuff. But a whole "new playbook"? Nah. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, G08 said:

Run the ball, stop the run. I think our defense continues to ascend, Fields takes a step in the right direction with Nagy calling plays tailored to his strengths.

Won't be pretty.

Bears - 23
Browns - 20

I don't know what to think of this game. The Bears are still too much of a mystery, I guess. I do think Fields will play well--his box score from the last game sort of undermines what he actually did on the field.

I can easily see it going down how you've described there, though. 

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

That being said, if the Browns pass rush actually plays to potential, and their DL just dominates the LOS so we can't run, this game could get super ugly for us.

I don't see that happening. Thankfully. 

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Goldman didn't practice today or yesterday after being limited on Wednesday. Shocking!

Do we know what's wrong with him this time? 🤬

• Like 1

My most pressing questions are if Nagy will utilize the PA and TE... A young QB's best friend. "Touchdown to checkdown", right?

JUSTIN FIELDS!!!

Let's hope Monty can get some inside runs because Myles and Clowney are beasts.

Peters, stay healthy. Can Ifedi piece together another good game?

DL has a tough test, but they're paid big money, so they need to show something.

Roquan, do your thing. Anything from any other LB is extra.

Hopefully the secondary shows up again and doesn't get exposed.

Rooting for Desai is a good feeling.

-----------------------------------------

How's Cleveland's ST this year?

• Like 3