Week 3 GDT: Bears vs Browns

CBears019

So the Bears dedicated a ton of attention to Donald. Cant shut the guy out but you can hinder him. Why wouldnt they do the same to Garrett? He is their best player and an elite pass rusher. Idc if he is lining up at the 3T, wide 9, or in a normal alignment. He needs 2 people on him. We have zero guys who can handle him one on one. So why try?

I know we can all be prone to overreacting and making bold statements...but I really do mean this...Matt Nagy is the worst play caller in the NFL...if anyone can point me in the direction of someone worse then okay but honest through 2 1/2 games I can't think of anyone who has looked worse...he is holding the talent that we have down rather than putting them in a position to succeed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I know we can all be prone to overreacting and making bold statements...but I really do mean this...Matt Nagy is the worst play caller in the NFL...if anyone can point me in the direction of someone worse then okay but honest through 2 1/2 games I can't think of anyone who has looked worse...he is holding the talent that we have down rather than putting them in a position to succeed.

The Bears are pretty untalented though on offense. Nice GM/HC combo eh?

The trestman offense was gimpy after his first year, but at the very least he'd have known how to use Montgomery and the screen game to cover against the pass rush and take pressure off a QB.... 

Nagy is making me long for the "good 'OL days of Mark freaking Trestman" 

Edited by Epyon

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears are pretty untalented though on offense. Nice GM/HC combo eh?

The problem is we aren't...Fields can do way more than he is being allowed to if they actually use his strengths...Robinson is an excellent fit a a big bodied position guy but again so we ever run a slant to take advantage of that? No...do we every let him do anything but a curl route? Mooney has legit 4.3 speed...and we run a curl with him...Kmet is 6-6" 260lbs with wheels...and we don't ever try and do anything with him...you give these guys to McVay & Payton and no one questions their talent.

• Like 1