Bears to start Justin Fields again vs. Lions

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

click-baity is modern term for misleading

The intent is different though. Misleading title would be "Fields wins the starting job" with an intent to deceive. This has no intent to deceive or mislead, its just making you open the article to find out about Dalton. 

Either way - people complaining about titles is one of lifes oddities to me. Its funny to watch. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The intent is different though. Misleading title would be "Fields wins the starting job" with an intent to deceive. This has no intent to deceive or mislead, its just making you open the article to find out about Dalton. 

Either way - people complaining about titles is one of lifes oddities to me. Its funny to watch. 

Is the intent what is deceptive or the outcome? If the reader is deceived then I think that it’s the outcome. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is the intent what is deceptive or the outcome? If the reader is deceived then I think that it’s the outcome. 

Which part of Bears announcing Fields as the starting QB deceived you? Did you not understand that, ya know, when Sunday rolls around Justin is going to be on the Field? 

Edited by Matts4313

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Which part of Bears announcing Fields as the starting QB deceived you? Did you not understand that, ya know, when Sunday rolls around Justin is going to be on the Field? 

I don't know...ask TheNachoKiller who was also confused about the title. Justin Fields being the named the starter this week when he is OBVIOUSLY the #2 QB...it's not news. It honestly doesn't even deserve a thread. So when it is posted on this forum, which is a forum for REAL NFL news, it is implied that it is impactful, such as the Bears naming Fields the starter for the season. If the name of the title is changed to what it should be..."Bears announce Justin Fields as starting QB this week" or "Justin Fields will be starting QB while Andy Dalton is hurt." People will say "no crap" and this thread doesn't exist. That is the deception.

Edited by sammymvpknight