Jump to content

Justin Fields Officially Starting


WindyCity
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't believe anyone thinks Fields walks on water.  He's gonna have some bad plays.  They key is not to repeat them but you can't even repeat them if you aren't playing to begin with.  Cleveland is a tough challenge.  Let's see how he handles it.

Another vote for the sarcasim Emoji.  I understand most people who know what they are talking about are just prepared to accept rookie mistakes from Fields.  He is a rookie after all. I had to miss the game today but from what I heard about Nagy's post game presser if their not going to fire Nagy in season they at least need to fire his writer because it sounded just like every other presser after a bad loss. The team wasn't prepared, we need to address that, we need to do better.  At least he  could come up with some new lines!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Another vote for the sarcasim Emoji.  I understand most people who know what they are talking about are just prepared to accept rookie mistakes from Fields.  He is a rookie after all. I had to miss the game today but from what I heard about Nagy's post game presser if their not going to fire Nagy in season they at least need to fire his writer because it sounded just like every other presser after a bad loss. The team wasn't prepared, we need to address that, we need to do better.  At least he  could come up with some new lines!

He can't admit the team wasn't prepared, though. Because that would be admitting failure on his part, and he's simply unable to do that (for the most part). 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is pretty simple.  His game plan was to send a rookie QB out to play against two of the best edge rushers in the NFL and he expected to protect Fields with only 5 OL and no help?  This is what they spent last week doing?  Nagy is beyond anyone's help.  His way simply won't work.....ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, soulman said:

This is pretty simple.  His game plan was to send a rookie QB out to play against two of the best edge rushers in the NFL and he expected to protect Fields with only 5 OL and no help?  This is what they spent last week doing?  Nagy is beyond anyone's help.  His way simply won't work.....ever.

Off-topic---I get your point here and I agree but let's not call Clowney one of the best pass rushers in the league. Garrett when healthy...yes. That's all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Off-topic---I get your point here and I agree but let's not call Clowney one of the best pass rushers in the league. Garrett when healthy...yes. That's all.

OK......one and a half of the best edge rushers in the NFL. 😉 LOL

Edited by soulman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Litterly showed us that maybe Matt Nagy may have been right to sit him as much as i hate to agree with anything Matt Nagy says or does from now on..... dammit.

No Nagy is not right on anything. Especially when he can’t even change an offense to help the OL protect better. I’m not saying Fields played good or even average but any other non mobile QB would have been left for dead with what happened yesterday. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember back in the80's the Bears racking up 9 sacks on Archie Manning in the 80's.   Poor guy literally staggered off the field.  Didn't play for two weeks after that and that was before the  concussion protocols.   So it  old have been worse.

Edited by Bfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Litterly showed us that maybe Matt Nagy may have been right to sit him as much as i hate to agree with anything Matt Nagy says or does from now on..... dammit.

Sorry but little or none of that failure is on Fields.  It was a game plan and play calling set up to induce failure no matter who was playing QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fields made mistakes, but that was the kind of total collapse people like me keep referencing when saying Nagy's job is safe unless... X.  That was X. 

It was also the kind of game that people like me keep referencing when wondering how to ruin a QB, both physically and developmentally.

The bright spot from yesterday's Bears game is that I beat Shane in FF.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defense is progressing again under Sean Desai.  The secondary is still somewhat suspect and EJax needs a swift kick in the balls each time he misses a can't miss tackle but upfront there's progress again until they simply get worn down having to play so many snaps.

The offense continues to stagnate or show signs of regression no matter whose playing QB.  You can keep spending money on FA and adding talent via the draft but sure as I'm born Nagy will not know what to do with them.  His offense has been exposed far too many times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

No Nagy is not right on anything. Especially when he can’t even change an offense to help the OL protect better. I’m not saying Fields played good or even average but any other non mobile QB would have been left for dead with what happened yesterday. 

Not true. He said the fault begins and ends with him. I agree with him there.

Agreeing with Nagy on something makes me feel dirtier than a post-shower poop.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, soulman said:

The defense is progressing again under Sean Desai.  The secondary is still somewhat suspect and EJax needs a swift kick in the balls each time he misses a can't miss tackle but upfront there's progress again until they simply get worn down having to play so many snaps.

The offense continues to stagnate or show signs of regression no matter whose playing QB.  You can keep spending money on FA and adding talent via the draft but sure as I'm born Nagy will not know what to do with them.  His offense has been exposed far too many times.

Passrush is better than its been in a hot minute. I was bellyaching about Mack and Quinn dropping into coverage too much the first game but he seems to have moved it to a KISS approach with them the last two weeks and is being rewarded. With Goldman the DL would be pretty damn stout. A fresh rotation offers a better passrush and more help to the DBs, and I think Blackson, Tonga, and Hunt are going to be playing a solid role throughout the season to help keep Hicks from breaking down. Especially if Goldman does stay off the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys need to get Kellen Moore

that’s who you need to fire Nagy for

hes legit and been legit under multiple HCs

if I’m taking a chance with Fields I’m going with Moore someone whose worked with Dak who’s got a very similar skill set to Fields. 
 

Matt Nagy needs to be fired. Yesterday alone was inexcusable for an adult 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...