BrownLeader 2022 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

54 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Neal looks like your typical Bama OL. Huge, overpowering, technically sound, and a little overrated. Not sure he's the athlete Leatherwood or Willis were. I get Cam Robinson vibes.

Woods is something with his ball skills and coordination at that size but his mate Thompson might be more intriguing to me. I think he ought to be more of a TE project than a WR and has ridiculous open field ability at his height and size. Woods struggles with his cod, doesn't have much get off and might be injury prone. That said he could be a situational monster.

Overrated?  Ummm no.  And sure he is not some type of guy that will run a great 40 time but show me another dude 6-7 360 that can do this below.  His base and leg power is absolutely outstanding and like I said he could succeed at OG, RT or LT in the NFL.  He is the 1st OL off the board no question about it.  He was outstanding last year and honestly is probably a better RT or OG than LT but seriously I would take no Bama OL over him in the last 20 years, if going beyond that I would possibly take Chris Samuels over him but that was 21 years ago.  

Woods is on pace to have more yards in the first six games played this year than his entire three year college career on Ok State combined.  But sure he does have injury concerns, his change of direction is not a huge concern for me, many large tight ends in the league do just fine because they can stretch the field vertically and go up and get the football against little guys.  Woods ball skills are outstanding and he is finally showcasing his skills in the right system.

As for Thompson the former Miss State QB, sure he is good but not sure he is that elite of an athlete, great wild cat QB sure potentially.  Would be shocked if he ends up a TE in the NFL, he is very thin I find and not nearly big enough to play TE or HB or block on the line.  Is a long shot to stick in the league at WR honestly, there are tons of better receivers around than him but he is new to the position and has some promise.  Could sneak on the roster with his versatility as a running QB but will be hard competition regardless of what they want him to do.  

• 1 month later...

few standouts...

QB Phil Jurkovec

Great tools, size and toughness. Strong arm and is unfazed with the rush. Consistent accuracy is the only drawback I've noticed after a few games.

QB K.J. Jefferson

Just a rs soph but the talent is there and he'll be a draw whenever he declares.

QB Eric Barriere

Impressive skillset and just a question of how he'll respond when dropped into the deep end.

RB Isaiah Spiller

Very underrated imo.

WR/RB/TE Keytaon Thompson

Cordarrelle Patterson vibes.

Edited by BrownLeader

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

AP_20344759718896-1024x683.jpg

Let me guess. Hard worker, big motor, leader, but lacks athleticism? 

He does not lack athleticism, but there could be some issues with being in a system that allows him to succeed and potentially inflate his overall ability.  I do question him in coverage no doubt about that one.  But, no one outside of myself says a word about Micah McFadden and he has similar production to Leo Chenal this year, and he is surrounded by far less talent on Indiana.  That is the issue, some talk as if Leo Chenal is this most super rare of ILB prospects, when in reality there is not that much he does better than the likes of say Micah McFadden, Mike Rose or Chance Campbell and I would no way take him over Damone Clark, Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd most likely.

If he wants to improve his stock, play amazing against Ohio State and be all over the field in what is most likely the Big Ten title game, but fact is they would be doing good not to lose by 20+ points against that offense.  But will see how he looks over the next few weeks.

• Like 1